Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE National Coverage

Options
  • 01-05-2017 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

Over the weekend there was a fantastic river fest in Limerick, among the events on Sunday was a mini marathon and, a marathon with in excess of 7000 participants. Exceeded only in numbers by Dublin.

No mention of either on the six or nine news or sport on RTE.
    We did of course have overseas soccer , boxing , and motor racing.

Is it about time that RTE realised that both their signal and licence payers exist beyond the M50

On Mondays 9 news the Belfast marathon got great coverage and, they dont pay an RTE licence there !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

fernrock wrote: »
    Is it about time that RTE realised that both their signal and licence payers exist beyond the M50

I'd imagine RTE were hoping that Big Week on the Farm would be enough pandering to keep us bog trotters quiet until the champ-un-ship starts :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

No doubt it will show up on Nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Noveight wrote: »
    I'd imagine RTE were hoping that Big Week on the Farm would be enough pandering to keep us bog trotters quiet until the champ-un-ship starts :pac:

Pull pull pull pull....pull the udder one ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Where's Limerick? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

fernrock wrote: »
    Over the weekend there was a fantastic river fest in Limerick, among the events on Sunday was a mini marathon and, a marathon with in excess of 7000 participants. Exceeded only in numbers by Dublin.

No mention of either on the six or nine news or sport on RTE.
    We did of course have overseas soccer , boxing , and motor racing.

On Mondays 9 news the Belfast marathon got great coverage and, they dont pay an RTE licence there !!

Thats not an inside/outside M50 thing. Its a quality and interest thing. The minimarathon, no matter how many took part (the more, the lower the quality in general), is low grade sport. People dont follow that. And news is filled according to what else is available to them to fill air time. The Belfast marathon was just cheap filler - there was probably just nothing available to them that people were really interested in.
    You are misdiagnosing your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If you were to exclude all the stabbings and such, then just looking at the national media there's no way you'd ever figure out that it's the third biggest city in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No doubt it will show up on Nationwide.

My guilty viewing pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

ProudDUB wrote: »

Dow-win the bleeeeeeeeedin roh-wad.

(Jesus, pain in my nostrils even typing that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I always felt RTE thinks the country ends just North of Dublin and then continues at Belfast. Drogheda and Dundalk are ignored for many events like festivals, St Patrick's Day parades etc. I agree that there is far to much pandering to viewers in Northern Ireland, who don't pay a licence fee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

Nobody cares. Big smoke is where it's at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement