Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5 Sim Deal or Equivalent?

Options
  • 01-05-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Wondering if there's any provider now that offers a €5 top up deal for just calls? My phone can take two sims and i'm already on a decent €20 deal with Vodafone but it offers little to no call minutes. I'd be interested in a pre-pay offer that gives a decent amount of minutes somewhere under a tenner if it all available, i've done my own research but to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Lycamobile has good deals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Meteor have unlimited calls for €10 top up every 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Meteor have for €5 Topup
    Choose between

FREE
    Meteor Calls
    +
    30MB Data
    & your €5 credit to spend
    To opt in, freetext calls to 50104

OR

FREE
    Meteor texts
    +
    30MB Data
    & your €5 credit to spend
    To opt in, freetext texts to 50104

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Install kill biller on your phone. Reads your call logs / usage, tells you what you'd be paying with various networks. Available in IOS and android.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MarkR wrote: »
    Install kill biller on your phone. Reads your call logs / usage, tells you what you'd be paying with various networks. Available in IOS and android.

Pity about iOS
    Unfortunately, the KillBiller app is no longer supported and is only available on Android devices at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Books4you

I'm with vodafone on a €20 top up package. All you do is text CHAT EXTRA to 50222 once and then you are on a package that gives you unlimited calls and texts to any network including landlines. Obviously not premium numbers. You also get 1gb of data but they actually send you a text every time you top up to give you an extra 1gb of data.You just have to tiop up every 30 days but it is really great value.

So:
    Unlimited calls and texts to any network incl landlines
    2gb data

All for €20 - They take the €20 straight away so your balance is €0 for the 30 days but everything is free so no need for extra credit - unless you wanted to ring a premium number as i said.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

godtabh wrote: »
    Pity about iOS

You can do it manually on an android phone, entere your expected usage, and it will make an estimate for you.

I can run it for you if you can tell me..
    • How many minutes would you use per month
    • How many texts you send per month
    • How much data you use per month

I'll pop that into the app, and tell you what comes out.

Advertisement