Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondo Duplantis pole vault

Options
  • 30-04-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

I saw this video this morning and have watched it over and over again, the athleticism in it is incredible. There is another video on youtube showing his progress from when he started competitive pole vaulting at 6 years old. A very talented young man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

His dad wasn't a half bad vaulter, either. 5.80m. He's declared for Sweden and has since vaulted 5.90m, a world junior record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Pherekydes wrote: »
    His dad wasn't a half bad vaulter, either. 5.80m. He's declared for Sweden and has since vaulted 5.90m, a world junior record.

I don't know much about pole vault, does the pole have a maximum length? He looked like he used the whole length of it in that video, might need a longer one to go higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

muddypaws wrote: »
    I don't know much about pole vault, does the pole have a maximum length? He looked like he used the whole length of it in that video, might need a longer one to go higher?

there are different lengths, and different rigidities

Advertisement