Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community notice boards in shops & supermarkets

Options
  • 30-04-2017 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever stop for a gander at these?

They're a bit of a throwback that I've walked by & ignored for years. Just wonder if I'm missing out on any wild exotica, or is it all still maths grinds, pine furniture overload and a comically overpriced 01 Nissan Micra?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Anyone ever stop for a gander at these?

They're a bit of a throwback that I've walked by & ignored for years. Just wonder if I'm missing out on any wild exotica, or is it all still maths grinds, pine furniture overload and a comically overpriced 01 Nissan Micra?

I've no idea what is on them. I've walked past them for years without giving them a second glance and haven't seen anybody looking at them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

The one in my local Supervalu rarely stretches past a few notices for yoga classes, guys doing IT repairs in their kitchens, kittens free to a good home. That kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

And language grinds and babysitter services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Samaris wrote: »

With the odd Bouncy castle ad chucked in for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I got my first bedsit from a supervalu noticeboard when I flew the nest.It as a cesspit....one toilet between 6 flats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

There's usually a 'much loved and treasured family pet' who's gone missing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

And an old suite of furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

I have two dozen, identical jars to put on mine. Must be some bugger out there, making jam? Just seems a shame to bang them into the recyc' skip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

About thirty years ago I sold a new car using an ad on one of those notice boards.
    How new? Not yet collected from the garage. What colour? You can decide. How many miles on it? Nil, it hasn't been chosen yet.
    I'd won the car in a draw but had not taken delivery. It was very difficult to sell a bargain, thousands off list price, and newspaper ads were costing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Samaris wrote: »

Babysitter services or "babysitter services".

Asking for a friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement