Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender Teddy Bear for Children

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

"She found a severe lack of books for young children about the trans experience"

That should have told her everything she needed to know.

I have no issues with informed teenagers / adults changing their gender according to what feels right for them. I also have no problem with awareness being introduced at an appropriate age where a kid is emotionally mature enough to recieve the information.

But this bollox doesnt sit right with me. Despite her life story, this just looks like exploiting a "gap in the market".

Its absurd at best and just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

"As a queer amputee whose father recently came out as transgender..."

Sounds like there was a whole lot of oddness in that woman's family to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,103 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Did you just assume Teddy's gender?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There were a few Teddy Boys in my town in the late 70s. Wonder what they would have made of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How does a woman's wife "fall" pregnant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I have no issues with informed teenagers / adults changing their gender according to what feels right for them.
    Except changing your gender is not actually possible.

They should come up with a teddy bear that has a penis which you can then feed hormones so it becomes a chick with a dick. Then you can pimp yourself out to get funds to finally have your penis removed before marrying your husband who then gets pregnant and has your child who from birth identifies as tri-gender non-binary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

How does a woman's wife "fall" pregnant?

She accidentallied a penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Except changing your gender is not actually possible.

They should come up with a teddy bear that has a penis which you can then feed hormones so it becomes a chick with a dick. Then you can pimp yourself out to get funds to finally have your penis removed before marrying your husband who then gets pregnant and has your child who from birth identifies as tri-gender non-binary.

Are you speaking from experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In before the lock. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,262 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Right who else wants to work on this pitch for next years Dragons Den?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've never seen a child's teddy bear with genitalia ever. Just a fluffy cuddly toy. Why is this needed? Oh that's right, it's not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

Did she address the issue of which toilet the teddy should use , or the obvious mental health implications of a teddy bear with no genitalia switching from a male to female mindset , and who actually told the teddy bear that s/he was a male to start with , the poor child won't know what way is up after reading that nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Del.Monte wrote: »
    In before the lock. :D

FYP.

In before the cock.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It seem the Huffington Post will post stories about anything these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Either my nieces and nephews are tick :(:(

Or the plot of her books may be wasted on her stated target audience of 1 year olds??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

There is no such thing as trans gender,just confusion,you are born with the genitalia you have for a reason simple as that

Mod-Banned for transphobia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

What that piece shows me is I can now refer to gay people as queer and it's ok, which is great.

Also there are a severe lack of books about "the trans experience" because a severe lack of people go through "the trans experience".

Also somehow I'd imagine the whole topic of being trans-gender is actually above the comprehension of 5 and 6 year old children and we probably shouldn't be forcing the idea on children that it is normal because it isn't normal and that sort of stuff should be up to their parents to explain not a childrens book.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What that piece shows me is I can now refer to gay people as queer and it's ok, which is great.

Check your privilege there straight cis-man. That's only for other gay people to use. Like black people and the N word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Omackeral wrote: »
    Check your privilege there straight cis-man. That's only for other gay people to use. Like black people and the N word.

I disagree. To quote Homer Simpson "Thats our word for making fun of you,We need it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

what total and utter bollox . let kids be kids and worry about this when they are old enough to understand .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Nonsense, absolute nonsense. I recently heard of a school that has approx 1000 pupils (mixed). A small group of about 30 - 40 kids have come forward to say they don't relate to the sex they were born and they are being discriminated against with the uniform they have to wear. Instead of being told "well the other 960 pupils wear the uniform without any issue" the school are now looking at changing the entire uniform to suit a small minority. Screw the parents who have to cough up for new uniforms next year...couldn't possibly hurt the feelings of about 2.5% of the entire pupils now could we!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Omackeral wrote: »

If your queer can you call other gays fags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Closing this before it gets more out of hand. OP if you want to discuss this in a better setting try the LGBT forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=255

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement