Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I see the full list of benefits I am entitled to under my PRSI?

Options
  • 29-04-2017 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I am working with an SME, I recently went to the opticians last week and after getting there realized I didn't have to pay anything as it's covered under my PRSI. I've known some things are covered by PRSI but never looked into it before.

This bring me to my question, is there any way of seeing a full list of benefits I am entitled to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Lockedout2

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This is not really a tax issue. You might be better asking this in State benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

I think they have posted in the correct forum and got 2 helpful replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

sparky63 wrote: »
    I think they have posted in the correct forum and got 2 helpful replies.

It's not the correct forum, regardless of the helpful replies. That's why there's a State Benefits forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's not the correct forum, regardless of the helpful replies. That's why there's a State Benefits forum

Dont come on here very often. Being taxed and wanting to know what there benefits from that are. Well that's just some reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Dont come on here very often. Being taxed and wanting to know what there benefits from that are. Well that's just some reply.

i'd be more inclined to try Mr Google than boards.ie.

Search using "Class A PRSI benefits".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Like it or not, it's a factually correct reply. Argue all you like, but PRSI isn't tax!

If you want to know what benefits you may be eligible to apply for under your Pay-Related Social Insurance (PRSI) contributions, then the best place to go is to the relevant Department's website. This is the link: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/PRSI---Pay-Related-Social-Insurance---Contributions-and-Clas.aspx and half way down the page you'll find this:-

PRSI Class A

People within CLASS A:

People in industrial, commercial and service-type employment who are employed under a contract of service with reckonable pay of EUR38.00 or more per week from all employments; Civil and Public Servants recruited from 6 April, 1995 and Community Employment participants from 6 April, 1996.

Class A Benefits

Jobseeker's Benefit
    Illness Benefit
    Maternity Benefit
    Adoptive Benefit
    Health and Safety Benefit
    Invalidity Pension
    Widow/Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's (Contributory) Pension
    Guardian's Payment (Contributory)
    State Pension (Contributory)
    State Pension (Transition)
    Treatment Benefit
    Occupational Injuries Benefit
    Carer's Benefit

You can find the details of how to qualify for each of the above benefits on the same website.

Advertisement