Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing nose ring

Options
  • 29-04-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Really sorry if this has been posted before - I couldn't find anything that answered my specific question.

The other day I changed my nose ring, for the first time since I got it done 2 years ago. I decided to go for a smaller ring, so as to fit my nostril snugly, as the older one was slightly big to allow for swelling.

After finally getting the captive ball free, I changed the ring (to an open ended ring), and the first two days it was fine. This morning it was swollen and sore when I woke up however. Is this normal, perhaps from all the movement it took to get out the old ring and putting in the new ring?

The ring is surgical steel, and the same gauge as my old ring. - got it from the body jewellery shop online which was recommended by a number of people.

I have soaked it in salt water and avoided touching it

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Mine got crazy swollen when I changed the jewelry for the first time. I was worried I'd damaged it somehow, but if you were taking a captive ball ring out I'd say there was a fair amount of movement. Even now I'd find if I'm changing a tricky ring my nose can swell. If you're worried, pop into a piercing shop and they'd be able to tell you fairly quickly if there's something to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Thanks Toots!

The swelling seems to have gone down a bit now anyway, so I'll give it a couple of days and if it's still kinda sore on Saturday I'll ask a piercer :)

Advertisement