Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUITAR PLECTRUMS (3-point/thickness) sought

Options
  • 29-04-2017 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking to find triangular plectrums as used to be sold in Waltons etc with each of the three points a different thickness. Plectrums were like three-pointed stars, with one of the sides serrated (which could be great for odd strumming effects). They were flexible plastic with a 'grip' in the centre (cross-hatching) so they wouldn't slip from grip. Waltons don't have them any more. But someone might know what they're even called or where to find them? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

beehive wrote: »
    Looking to find triangular plectrums as used to be sold in Waltons etc with each of the three points a different thickness. Plectrums were like three-pointed stars, with one of the sides serrated (which could be great for odd strumming effects). They were flexible plastic with a 'grip' in the centre (cross-hatching) so they wouldn't slip from grip. Waltons don't have them any more. But someone might know what they're even called or where to find them? Cheers

https://m.thomann.de/ie/herdim_plectrum_red_set.htm

think theses are the ones you are looking for, there are a few different versions on there

• Registered Users Posts: 6 beehive

Fantastic! Never thought to look on Thomann. Thanks so much. Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I use these exclusively in blue.

Goodwin's Music on Capel street are the only shop in Dublin
    that I've found that stock them.
    Or online as above is the other way to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 beehive

Many thanks, will try Goodwins (a great music shop) next day I'm in town. (It always strikes me as odd that so many of the various plectrum designs are 'gloss' finished: most of mine end up in space after a couple of seconds!

Advertisement