Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant edit application for assessment of my teaching qualification(PGCE)(register)

Options
  • 29-04-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello I am a UK qualified primary teacher and am filling out the PRQA-01 application for the assessment of my qualification leading to registration as a teacher in the Republic. I can't figure out how to edit the document. It's a pdf and there is a good deal to fill out (nature of teaching duties)etc..I'm assuming they don't want me to fill it out by pen..?

I've tried opening it with word, I downloaded ABLEWORD software to edit also but it is still messing up the format.

Is there anybody on here that had the same problem?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Ricer6 wrote: »
    Hello I am a UK qualified primary teacher and am filling out the PRQA-01 application for the assessment of my qualification leading to registration as a teacher in the Republic. I can't figure out how to edit the document. It's a pdf and there is a good deal to fill out (nature of teaching duties)etc..I'm assuming they don't want me to fill it out by pen..?

I've tried opening it with word, I downloaded ABLEWORD software to edit also but it is still messing up the format.

Is there anybody on here that had the same problem?

Thanks

That's the reason it's a PDF - so it can't be edited. On looking at form on sections where additional material can be submitted - it states that additional material can be submitted on a separate sheet.

Just to note, I didn't put the image on top left - it just appeared and can't remove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Yeah then want you to write it as it requires a few signatures. Tedious but at least you only have to fill it in the once.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ricer6

ya it's a drawn out process to fill it out , scan it over to the UK Uni to fill out etc..

All for the greater good please god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Ricer6 wrote: »
    ya it's a drawn out process to fill it out , scan it over to the UK Uni to fill out etc..

All for the greater good please god

There's nothing easy with the Teaching Council - they are very thorough but once it's done it's done. Best of luck. Keep up your membership if you get sick maternity etc. because you'll have to do it all over again.

Advertisement