Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting, CRM, VAT, Multi currency,Software Advice

Options
  • 29-04-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

I have recently started up as a freelance bookkeeping service, and currently have a good few SME clients across different industries, mainly using Sage50, Quickbooks, Surfaccounts etc

A lot of questions I get, are we using the right accounting software for our industry?

So, my question is...Accounting software, and cost v benefit pricing!!

Client No.1: Food manufacturing, cross border (IRE/NI), needs Dual Vat, Dual currency, and food line assembly software, and of course, Accounts.

Client No.2: Service Co, IRE Vat only, needs CRM, Field Service and Accounts all in one.

Whilst I have mentioned above that Sage50 & quickbooks are currently used, If I were to go "higher end" with these packages, the cost would be in the region of way over €150 per month.. which is kind of crazy for a small company trading.

Anyone out there that could suggest alternatives?? they would have to be able to report on Vat & RTD (Im not willing to spend multiple hours trying to "workaround" these issues), plus I need something that would be in the region of €50 - €100 per month.

Side Note: Quickbooks will give me dual Vat, Dual Currency, but when it comes to reporting on the Vat, it will convert the vat figures for the "second currency" into the base currency, which makes it completely useless.

Advertisement