Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams - Do you be dreaming?

Options
  • 28-04-2017 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I keep having the most convoluted weird dreams lately. And I only seem to recall them when something triggers my memory, which is odd, because when I'm dreaming they seem so real.

Do you guys dream much? Any interesting dreams?

Dream no. 2
    A few weeks back, I was dreaming that I got admitted into a rehab facility and your wan was dosing me with methadone. I kept telling her I didn't need it because I wasnt an addict but she kept telling me I had to have it and I'd feel better once I got it.

The dream was altogether terrifying because it felt so real. I finally managed to somehow leave rehab and drive home but I crashed into a lamp post on the way. I started panicking when I crashed and didn't want to call the guards because I was worried I'd get in trouble for driving after having been injected with methadone. So I just left the car and ran off. Then I woke up.

Dream no. 2
    Last night I dreamt I had unprotected sex and the dude came inside me. I told myself I would take the morning after pill but forgot in the dream. And then it was too late. And then I woke up.

Anyway, I don't know what my subconscious is trying to tell me. All I know is, my dreams in the past were never this detailed and I would generally remember them on waking. Not lately!

Any cool dreamy dreams? Or bizarre ones. Or any ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I had a dream last night that an earth worm was living in my ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Prime Irish Beef

I had a dream last night that an earth worm was living in my ear

That sounds absolutely terrifying. Unless he had a name. Did he have a name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

That sounds absolutely terrifying. Unless he had a name. Did he have a name?

seamus

seamus

Great name. He sounds like good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I had a dream that the magician Paul Daniels had died. About a month later he did.

I had a dream that the magician Paul Daniels had died. About a month later he did.

Holy fcuking sh*tcakes, my dreams better not be premonitions!!

Although I'll take the sex dream minus the possibility of producing offspring in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I be California Dreamin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I dremt you had 13 kids Beefy.

5 sets of twins and a conjoined triplet.

All Mexicans.....its gonna happen.

I dremt you had 13 kids Beefy.

5 sets of twins and a conjoined triplet.

All Mexicans.....its gonna happen.

Was he good looking? Is it the same father? Do they look like me? Do they all got a moustache?

I need specifics.

Also sex 6 times, yeah. \o/ Although I probably wouldn't feel anything after the 3rd set of twins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I keep having the most convoluted weird dreams lately. And I only seem to recall them when something triggers my memory, which is odd, because when I'm dreaming they seem so real.

Do you guys dream much? Any interesting dreams?

I used to have all these really convoluted dreams too, and I'd remember and tell them to my partner for his greatest pleasure and enjoyment in the morning.
    (ahem :rolleyes: . He may have dozed back to sleep on occasions. Frequently.).

Now I just remember the odd nightmare, and all my nightmares are the same, they're all about my kids getting abducted, wandering off, disappearing, being in mortal danger, and me searching for them in vain until I force myself awake. All. my. dreams.

That started as I was pregnant with my 2nd, and my first was not quite but nearly Madeleine McCann's age as the poor dote got abducted.

Weird dream thing : I knew I was pregnant the morning after we conceived my daughter, as I had the most horrible, graphic, severed limbs and blood horror movie type of dream, in a car crash situation involving my husband and I. I still remember that dream 11 years later.

It was shocking, vivid, and shook me to the core, I just knew as I woke up that something had changed. I said it to him. We had been trying maybe 2 months at that stage, and that was it, I just knew. Had to wait a bit to confirm of course, but I was right.

Don't know why it was so gruesome.

I used to have all these really convoluted dreams too, and I'd remember and tell them to my partner for his greatest pleasure and enjoyment in the morning.
    (ahem :rolleyes: . He may have dozed back to sleep on occasions. Frequently.).

Now I just remember the odd nightmare, and all my nightmares are the same, they're all about my kids getting abducted, wandering off, disappearing, being in mortal danger, and me searching for them in vain until I force myself awake. All. my. dreams.

That started as I was pregnant with my 2nd, and my first was not quite but nearly Madeleine McCann's age as the poor dote got abducted.

Weird dream thing : I knew I was pregnant the morning after we conceived my daughter, as I had the most horrible, graphic, severed limbs and blood horror movie type of dream, in a car crash situation involving my husband and I. I still remember that dream 11 years later.

It was shocking, vivid, and shook me to the core, I just knew as I woke up that something had changed. I said it to him. We had been trying maybe 2 months at that stage, and that was it, I just knew. Had to wait a bit to confirm of course, but I was right.

Don't know why it was so gruesome.

They can really stick with you!! Ugh, sounds like an awful dream. On the other hand, it's pretty cool that you knew you were pregnant after it.

I am half tempted to start a dream journal but I'm not remembering the dreams when I wake up. I remember them when something reminds me of the dream.

Have you ever woken up from a nightmare with pure anxiety? I have. I have been paralyzed with fear after having one.

I keep having dreams about dying in a car crash. Sometimes I remember specifics for a while, sometimes I just remember the car and terror. I've been having it very frequently lately and it's very unsettling. I think what's happening is that some part of my mind is thinking about having that dream, so it brings the dream to the fore.

I also have a dream where I have my nephews - 7 year old twins - in London with me and we're getting off the Tube at Oxford Circus when a bomb explodes and I lose sight of them. I usually wake up then, filled with terror and dread. I had that every night for a week before a recent trip to London, and no way was I going to take the kids up West while I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The odd time.

But more frequently I'm daydreaming through my waking hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

They can really stick with you!! Ugh, sounds like an awful dream. On the other hand, it's pretty cool that you knew you were pregnant after it.

I am half tempted to start a dream journal but I'm not remembering the dreams when I wake up. I remember them when something reminds me of the dream.

Have you ever woken up from a nightmare with pure anxiety? I have. I have been paralyzed with fear after having one.

I'd feel the dread alright, but usually in that twilight zone at the end I know I'm getting out of that dream, deliberately sometimes, so whatever feeling doesn't last.

A journal would be interesting alright, it might highlight some repetitive patterns.

The pregnancy thing, I think it's physiological, like I don't know, hormone watershed, or related to whatever response my body had to have that night like making extra blood or something.

i have horribly vivid dreams.

Usually involves rats.

Sometimes I'll be dreaming about normal disturbing stuff, such as a relative is dead, or the bank is taking the house, or I'm losing control of my car, and then BAM, there's a rat in my lap or on my pillow.

And it's a real rat, all dark and greasy and sinister with those horrific beady, green eyes and creepy claws and everything.

Sometimes the dream goes straight to 'rats' and sometimes the rat creeps into a nightmare before I wake in panic. Help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

realistic, vivid, relentless, repetitive nightmares about being hunted with no place to hide and no help accessible... even when napping, tis no wonder I have insomnia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I do be doing a lot of dreaming lately. I think it might be my antidepressants, or the antihistamines I've been taking for hay fever. I'm often missing items of clothing in my dreams - sometimes just walking around town barefoot, other times I could be naked from the waist down.

I have a recurring dream that I'm speeding on the wrong side of a motorway, trying to have a huge crash, but all the other cars keep swerving out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I dream about work quite a lot which is upsetting in a first-world problem kind of way. The last one I remember is needing to order Green Tea because we were out when a customer asked for it. :( Yes, the excitement never stops here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I just woke up from a dream ... well it was a dream within a dream. In the first one, I'd had my baby (I'm preggers). A boy and he was beautiful. Then I woke up and went to the bathroom and I was bleeding. Then I woke up from that dream.

Now I'm afraid to go pee in case it was a premonition.

I always have the most vivid dreams, some of them can get very weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

RayM wrote: »
    I do be doing a lot of dreaming lately. I think it might be my antidepressants, or the antihistamines I've been taking for hay fever. I'm often missing items of clothing in my dreams - sometimes just walking around town barefoot, other times I could be naked from the waist down.

I have a recurring dream that I'm speeding on the wrong side of a motorway, trying to have a huge crash, but all the other cars keep swerving out of the way.

You're afraid of being found out. You lie low to avoid confrontation so it emerges in your dreams. You have an inherent need to face up to certain things but refuse to emotionally thus the recurring dreams of having to face those same things. If you don't make changes to address issues you will still have these dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Usually involves rats. And it's a real rat, all dark and greasy and sinister with those horrific beady, green eyes and creepy claws and everything.

Relax. Real rats really aren't like that :)

I had a Dog once, called " Beef ".

The dreams that annoy me are the ones where I'm saying something to someone. Then, I wake up. I'm well aware that I'm awake now. It was a dream. I'm looking at the back of my Dogs head.

And I'm yakkering away. Thinking; " Will ye listen to yeself! Finishing what ye were going to say, in that dream there. Only, now, ye know it's morning. Ye awake and talking to the back of ye Dogs head.

But, nothing can stop me. I Have To keep my mouth moving. Saying those words. Explaining what ever I was on about, in the dream. I f**king Bore Myself, sometimes! Like; :rolleyes: Yeah. Get over it! Shut up now!

It just has to run its course.

B00! wrote: »
    realistic, vivid, relentless, repetitive nightmares about being hunted with no place to hide and no help accessible... even when napping, tis no wonder I have insomnia

You feel wounded by something and can't escape from it in your mind. You possibly have done great things but can't see it and judge yourself. You find it hard to get solace from things you found maybe in the past. You feel lost and don't know a way out. You are only trapped within your own ideals and are not judged only for what you see yourself. You might be wound up too much before sleep thus creating tension in your sleeping life. You are not even hiding from people, you are very open but sometimes think you should be even more open. The issue is in the judgement, you need to stop being hard on yourself. Good luck :)

i have horribly vivid dreams.

Usually involves rats.

Sometimes I'll be dreaming about normal disturbing stuff, such as a relative is dead, or the bank is taking the house, or I'm losing control of my car, and then BAM, there's a rat in my lap or on my pillow.

And it's a real rat, all dark and greasy and sinister with those horrific beady, green eyes and creepy claws and everything.

Sometimes the dream goes straight to 'rats' and sometimes the rat creeps into a nightmare before I wake in panic. Help.

You have ultimate control in your life yet this rat represents what you yourself can't control. You might have have friends who led you astray in your past that you had to escape. All of these dreams are about the financial things you have control over yet a part of you feigns surprise that you can control them so your subconscious creates a sinister, as you say, obstacle which shows to you that not everything in set in stone and the worries you possess are supplemented by this rat which is a omen of what could go wrong. I have a feeling nothing can go wrong but is manifested in your own unwarranted anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Feck off MLK II

More like fecking Martin King off the telly weather  ..... I'm always getting those two mixed up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the late 1990s/very early 2000s I used to have recurring nightmares of being at locations where large airplanes were about to crash. I would always have to escape and run away. In some of these dreams a plane would crash into a tall skyscraper.

Then 9/11 happened and I stopped getting these nightmares. Eerie.

I've also had dreams of my front teeth falling out and have heard that's to do with money worries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Dreams - Do you be dreaming?

I do be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I keep having this dream which I will describe as one of those amorous dreams. You know the one. You wake up sweating profusely and have to take a breather.

The only strange thing is it's not about a woman. It's about a ham sandwich. I'm not trying to be funny. I actually can't make sense of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Last week I dreamt that I was driving down a hill but couldn't find the brake to stop the car...my feet were scrambling all over the place but I just couldn't find the brake.
    I didn't remember the dream until I was next driving down a hill and for the split second it took me to check the brake I had that awful feeling that the dream had been a premonition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Frogscotch

Stigura wrote: »

And I'm yakkering away. Thinking; " Will ye listen to yeself! Finishing what ye were going to say, in that dream there. Only, now, ye know it's morning. Ye awake and talking to the back of ye Dogs head.

But, nothing can stop me. I Have To keep my mouth moving. Saying those words. Explaining what ever I was on about, in the dream. I f**king Bore Myself, sometimes! Like; :rolleyes: Yeah. Get over it! Shut up now!

It just has to run its course.

I do that nearly every day. It's ok when it's just a conversation but worse when I'm yelling and swearing and have to finish. My kids have quite a vocabulary these days.

Advertisement