Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapist Carlow

Options
  • 28-04-2017 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭

Hey

I had a bit of an accident a while ago and hurt my hand. I need to do a bit of physio to get the strength back in it and was just wondering does anybody have any suggestions of good physios in Carlow? Anywhere in County Carlow will do doesn't have to be in the town.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Tony Devine is Leighlinbridge is the man to see. Had a similar problem and had me fixed in no length.

http://carlowneuromuscularclinic.com/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

It would have to be Stars Clinic out by the Dolmen Hotel. When you see top athletes flying in just to see him you know he is doing something right

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I find Willie Power, near the cathedral excellent. I think Star Geoghan is a physical therapist rather than a physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭sonic85

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I find Willie Power, near the cathedral excellent. I think Star Geoghan is a physical therapist rather than a physio.

Are they not the same thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

toe_knee wrote: »
    Are they not the same thing?

It seems not.
    Chartered Physiotherapists are recognised by the medical professions and the Department of Health. In 2005 the Health and Social Care Bill outlined a professional council and regulatory board for twelve specific healthcare professionals including Physiotherapists, dieticians and occupational therapists among others.

The title Physical Therapist did not meet the criteria to be a part of this health and social care professional board.

https://www.mmphysiotherapy.com/featured/difference-between-physio-physical-therapist.html

So one is recognised by the government and the other is not. Sounds the same to me. Like an electrician who pays to be SEI and one who doesn't. Does that mean the one who does not pay is not an electriction

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I read the term physical therapist as bone shaker which are usually best avoided,

Advertisement