Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3/4 lnb holder on dish Centered @ Hotbird 13

• 28-04-2017 2:14pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i have a 90cm dish centered at 13 east

if i add a 3 or 4 lnb holder would sats like astra 4.8 and 19 work well

and with the holder in would dish need resetting as the 13 east lnb would be off centered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nowso wrote: »

and with the holder in would dish need resetting as the 13 east lnb would be off centered

I have a TD88 centred on 16e with 28.2e, 23.5e, 19.2e, 16e, 13e and 9/10e
    I did previously have 4.8e on it too but there wasn't a whole lot available that sparked my own interest on it.
    Yes it's doable, and at a 13e centre you would have much less fade on 4.8e than I had myself.
    The problem with offset is that the further a sat is from prime focus, the smaller the reflector appears to be to the offset lnb.
    It can lead to issues with rainfade and reliability.

My advice would be plan out your "must" have and plan prime focus and LNB placement accordingly ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

was 4.8 quality not good ?

i was hoping not to to have to move the main dish . as the canal plus hds are tricky, and may need to use them more soon, most of what i wanted on 4.8 is the sis powervu stations .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭banie01

was 4.8 quality not good ?

i was hoping not to to have to move the main dish . as the canal plus hds are tricky, and may need to use them more soon, most of what i wanted on 4.8 is the sis powervu stations .

In my location the nordic beams were a no go. Had some of the feeds for bookies and so on along with other channels but for ViaSat, barring a huge dish I'd doubt any of the Nordic packages on 4.8e can be reliably received in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

v7RWx

You should be fine. I have a t90 everything from 5.0w to 28.2e. centered on hotbird.

k6KrnRs.jpg

FZLDlKo.jpg

i dont have the t90 dish just a standard invertro 90cm . not sure about sorting it out without installer ,

but looks like its can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

i dont have the t90 dish just a standard invertro 90cm . not sure about sorting it out without installer ,

but looks like its can be done

You dont need an installer. I've done it on several dishes and it doesnt require anything other than a half an hour of your time.

If your dish is centred on 13E at the moment 19E and 4.8 will be either side. You probably wont even need to adjust the elevation of the dish.

If you had a Triax TD (pictured below) dish it would be easier as Triax have a 20 degree multibar that the lnbs slide onto. Anyhow all you need is an adequate bracket (and a diseqc switch) for your Inverto to extend either side of 13E (you could even centre on 16E and have 19 on one side and 13 and 4.8E on the other)

Both 19E and 4.8E are super strong in Ireland. The PV channels boom in on 4.8. You'll have to use streamrelay if using an E2 box unless its a DM. But the likes of the Chinese Freesat V7/Openboxes have PV built in. They are about 25 euros on ebay.

237258.jpg

not sure on stream relay setup and then recording. i dunno about the picture quality on the v7 boxs ? , if not might get a tm 5402 ,

not sure what way it will end up yet lol

@Nowso

I try a lot of boxes out, so needless to say I got one about a year back.

The picture PQ on the V7s is fine and they are a fraction of the TM's.

Think ALI type layout box like the Fergusons. USB on them for recording.

is there anyone selling them in ireland / uk etc . cheap enough . prefer that than china

thing with fergusons was the encrypted recordings were unplayable outside of the box

• Advertisement

Aparently the Triax Bracket I was talking about also fits on Inverto dishes.

Does the bracket on your dish click in either side to the arm ?

$_12.JPG

If so this will be perfect. 19 euro free post from Ireland.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/4-LNB-Multiblock-Holder-For-Triax-TD-Series-Technomate-Inverto-Satellite-Dish-/172240068242?hash=item281a4ede92

ill have to check

4.8, 9 , 13 , 19 maybe if that works ?

ill have to check

4.8, 9 , 13 , 19 maybe if that works ?

Yes No problem. If you are using normal lnbs they will be practically side by side. Its about 3 degrees apart side by side. The bracket has about a 20-24 degree span.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85419913&postcount=171

Advertisement