Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Air fryer

Options
  • 28-04-2017 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

Missed the air fryer discount deal at argos.

If anyone know of any discount please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,990 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Keep an eye on amazon though... Camel let me down a few times.
    Got one eventually with amazon and parcel motel though. There was a thread going round somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

that is the extra large one, it can go cheap on amazon.de but he is likely looking for the standard. Though the standard is small and many are unaware there is a large one. If you are cooking for 2 or more then the big one is certainly worth considering.
    Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Keep an eye on amazon though... Camel let me down a few times
    This is presumably since camel can be delayed in their updates, so it might not show when it went cheap.

There is also the amazon prime thing, I still have camel notification setup and it often is only a low price for prime members. However you can often get a free trial of amazon prime and so buy it and then cancel the membership.

This is the smaller manual dial one, I would stick with it over the digital
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-HD9220-20-Healthier-Airfryer/product/B0042EU3A2?context=search

Big one is reduced on amazon.de now
    https://www.amazon.de/Philips-HD9240-Airfryer-Original-knusprige/dp/B00BS97UUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493414371&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+airfryer

Suggested price: EUR 324.99
    Our Price: EUR 196.72

250 in littlewoods here
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/philips-hd924090-12kg-airfryer-xl-black/1600093609.prd

german one would have a EU plug, which I would suggest rewiring rather than using an adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you everyone.

I am following the price now via camel.

So at the moment small is costing 140 euros with parcelmotel fees.
    Big one was sold for 120 pounds in March, daamn i missed it.

So my current budget is 120e unless big one is in sale for 120 pounds.

And anyone tried using Actifry? Which one will ye recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Thank you everyone.

I am following the price now via camel.

So at the moment small is costing 140 euros with parcelmotel fees.
    Big one was sold for 120 pounds in March, daamn i missed it.

So my current budget is 120e unless big one is in sale for 120 pounds.

And anyone tried using Actifry? Which one will ye recommend?

Had a tefal Actifry and motor went... looked up online and it's common enough.

• Advertisement

Ok so actifry out of the list now
    Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Had a tefal Actifry and motor went... looked up online and it's common enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah, cross the actifry off, I have read plenty about both, the actifrys are very prone to breaking things, not just the motor the paddles. Guy in work had his break and has the philips and is more pleased. Others online with both invariably recommend the philips.

There will be free delivery if buying off amazon themselves so no real need for parcel motel.

There are threads in the main bargain forum that you could subscribe to, since I remember people got them cheap before but it was a very limited time they were reduced for, and many people missed out and camelcc did not register it.

The downsides of it are that it is a bit noisey, which I and others quickly got used to, and it pumps out lots of steam, and if doing fatty stuff it can pump out smoke. I keep mine near a window or usually it is under the extractor fan on the cooker (which is now rarely used)

Ok i will go ahead with Philips.

In Ireland it's not less than 200 euros. On Amazon it's 130 euros but they are not delivering to Ireland. Also my worry is if I buy from Amazon and something goes wrong then do I have to post it back to UK? Please see the link:

Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qOhbzbK4S7BFG

rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, cross the actifry off, I have read plenty about both, the actifrys are very prone to breaking things, not just the motor the paddles. Guy in work had his break and has the philips and is more pleased. Others online with both invariably recommend the philips.

There will be free delivery if buying off amazon themselves so no real need for parcel motel.

There are threads in the main bargain forum that you could subscribe to, since I remember people got them cheap before but it was a very limited time they were reduced for, and many people missed out and camelcc did not register it.

The downsides of it are that it is a bit noisey, which I and others quickly got used to, and it pumps out lots of steam, and if doing fatty stuff it can pump out smoke. I keep mine near a window or usually it is under the extractor fan on the cooker (which is now rarely used)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

A quick alert on a thread that has gone quiet, Amazon.de germany has the philips air fryer larger model for 150 euro plus 20 euro delivery to ireland, it is still 250 pounds on amazon.uk. i think it will be over in 24 hours.

Advertisement