Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dispute with phone repair shop - what are my rights?

Options
  • 27-04-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

having a dispute with a phone repair shop. basically left in phone last year for screen repair and they ended up damaging another part of phone leaving the phone basically a paper weight. they said they would replace and to pick a phone, i did and now wont replace with phone i chose but want to give me a refurb/secondhand phone they sell in their shop. I havent even asked for the original money i spent for screen repair back though i havent been able to use phone since. who can i contact to check my rights on this? I was going to contact my solicitor but someone said the consumer agency will advise me? is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Last year?

Small claims court would be the procedure here, but if you mention it to the shop they'll probably capitulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

yes this is going on since last september, crazy i know! sorry what do you mean by capitulate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

fifib wrote: »
    what do you mean by capitulate?

capitulate
    kəˈpɪtjʊleɪt/
    verb
    verb: capitulate; 3rd person present: capitulates; past tense: capitulated; past participle: capitulated; gerund or present participle: capitulating
    cease to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand; yield.
    "the patriots had to capitulate to the enemy forces"
    synonyms:surrender, give in, yield, admit defeat, concede defeat, give up the struggle, submit, back down, climb down, give way, cave in, succumb, crumble, bow to someone/something; relent, acquiesce, accede, come to terms;
    be beaten, be overcome, be overwhelmed, fall;
    lay down one's arms, raise/show the white flag;
    informalthrow in the towel, throw in the sponge
    "by the end of the month, the rebels had been forced to capitulate"

Advertisement