Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Allowance

Options
  • 27-04-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Just enquiring does anybody have any idea, I am currently studying for a degree and I am not eligible for a grant as I am living at home I am a mature student and work part time (at weekends) which is currently only 2 hours due to travel restrictions I want to know if I am eligible for any type of allowance i.e jobseekers etc as I have no idea if I have any eligibility for the summer for an allowance ??? Help!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

ashd13 wrote: »
    Hi Just enquiring does anybody have any idea, I am currently studying for a degree and I am not eligible for a grant as I am living at home I am a mature student and work part time (at weekends) which is currently only 2 hours due to travel restrictions I want to know if I am eligible for any type of allowance i.e jobseekers etc as I have no idea if I have any eligibility for the summer for an allowance ??? Help!!

Have you looked at BTEA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ashd13

Owryan wrote: »
    Have you looked at BTEA?

I have and because I have already obtained a degree before and went straight into another one I am not eligible unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Ah ok. Think you might be out of luck so sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

You should contact the Senior Tutor's Office. They're all lovely in there and will be able to point you in the right direction.

https://www.tcd.ie/Senior_Tutor/Financial%20Assistance/

Advertisement