Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Buying This Acer Predator 15 G9-592

Options
  • 27-04-2017 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

https://www.box.co.uk/Acer_Predator_15_G9-592_1964563.html

As a midrange Gaming laptop,would you recommend this? I reckon it will be fine for my needs at around my budget but advise is welcome,thanks

Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad Core Processor
    15.6" Full HD IPS Screen
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD + 1000GB 7200RPM HDD
    DVD Rewriter
    Dedicated GeForce GTX 970M 6GB Graphics
    USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth | DisplayPort
    Backlit Keyboard
    NH.Q0SEK.003

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Would you not be better off getting a desktop? I have an Alienware laptop which i bought a good few years ago for gaming but i found it to be a horrible experience. Built a gaming pc a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Would you not be better off getting a desktop? I have an Alienware laptop which i bought a good few years ago for gaming but i found it to be a horrible experience. Built a gaming pc a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

Id love to but its just not possible,i do most of my gaming on PS4 tbh but need a new laptop anyway,I thought of gretting one with a decent amount of ram and a semi decent gfx card.. this one fits my budget and the specs look ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Predator's have a good rep so i'd say that one would be a good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dell have their new Inspiron for less than that with an i7-7700 and GTX1050Ti for around 1K. The 1050Ti is the same as the 970M performance wise (but has more vram) but the i7-7700 is a lot faster than the i5-6300 especially in games like Battlefield 1.

Laptop itself probably not quite as pretty as the Predator though. But on the whole around the 1K mark the GTX1050Ti or older 970M are as good as it gets and will be good for most new games at 1080p medium-high settings well enough.

Dell have their new Inspiron for less than that with an i7-7700 and GTX1050Ti for around 1K. The 1050Ti is the same as the 970M performance wise (but has more vram) but the i7-7700 is a lot faster than the i5-6300 especially in games like Battlefield 1.

Laptop itself probably not quite as pretty as the Predator though. But on the whole around the 1K mark the GTX1050Ti or older 970M are as good as it gets and will be good for most new games at 1080p medium-high settings well enough.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

This might be useful

https://youtu.be/qxwMlYMMSnI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Looking at getting the Inspiron myself but the Irish dell website lists 1050 not 1050ti on the 1k model, an extra 200 for the 1050ti. It's very odd because I've read reviews of a few different models but then when I go to actually to their online stores the specs are completely different to what the review says. Same with Asus Legion, review says it's a 1050ti but again listed as 1050 on their official store. Very frustrating trying to compare them as it's hard to compare like with like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not just the 1050Ti though, it's also the i7-7700 which is light years ahead in games like Battlefield 1, Fallout 4, etc and will be far better for longevity as well.

I'd definitely shell the extra 200 for the 1050Ti and 7700, it's actually fairly small money for significant upgrades.

Dell actually had an offer a month or two ago where the 1.2k model was reduced to 1k which was a steal - might happen again at some point.

Well I picked it up there and i have to say im very happy with it,gaming wise im playing Battlegrounds and getting between 60-70fps on medium settings (with shadows,foliage and AA at low)

its lightning fast at apps etc too..

As mentioned most of my gaming is done on the PS4 but wanted to have something that could run a few games and also work as a regular laptop..

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Advertisement