Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options on 3 network

Options
  • 26-04-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Last week I finally got notice that three were increasing my monthly contract price. Delighted as I only started a new 24 month contract in January. Gave my notice straight away, but not sure what to switch to. Three is the only network that I can get a signal on at home. So are three and Tesco my only options? Is there any other operator working off the three network? I'm thinking of going with the three sim only 30 day contract but want to make sure I'm not missing out on a better deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Whiplashy wrote: »
    snip...

I'm thinking of going with the three sim only 30 day contract but want to make sure I'm not missing out on a better deal.

It's only 28 days now, so extra €20 a year. Just in case you were not aware :)

If you can only get a Three signal, your options are limited to iD or Virgin. Tesco operate on the old O2 network only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Karsini wrote: »
    If you can only get a Three signal, your options are limited to iD or Virgin. Tesco operate on the old O2 network only.

Interesting. I presumed that the old O2 and three were the same thing. I'll look up id and virgin so. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Be careful, if you Park By Text, use Google 2 factor, PTSB, BoI or 1000 other services you wont be able to us them with VM or ID.

ED E wrote: »
    Be careful, if you Park By Text, use Google 2 factor, PTSB, BoI or 1000 other services you wont be able to us them with VM or ID.

I'll look into that. Thanks. This is getting complicated lol. Might end up crawling back to three yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm with ID and I have no problem with receiving texts from these services or any others I've needed.

Maybe they resolved it, VM certainly havent. Hard to keep tabs on all the MVNOs.

Thanks for the input guys. Rang up id today and had a chat with them. They seem to be the best option. Only going on the 30 day contract to try them out for a while. They even advised me on the best date to apply so that I get the maximum usage out of my current three contract. It's amazing how helpful these companies are when you're signing up lol.

Thanks for the input guys. Rang up id today and had a chat with them. They seem to be the best option. Only going on the 30 day contract to try them out for a while. They even advised me on the best date to apply so that I get the maximum usage out of my current three contract. It's amazing how helpful these companies are when you're signing up lol.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I just tested my google two factor authorisation on VM, and it worked fine. Also worked for me on ID.

Going to test PTSB now.

I did have issue previously, so I know you're not telling tales. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

MarkR wrote: »
    I just tested my google two factor authorisation on VM, and it worked fine. Also worked for me on ID.

Going to test PTSB now.

I did have issue previously, so I know you're not telling tales. :D

Can confirm, PTSB and Google authentication worked on VM.

Thats good news. There were four offenders until recently, must try and track down the rest.

A family member couldnt move because of that one, should be good to go now.

Advertisement