Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Inspired

Options
  • 25-04-2017 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

So, back in college (did a mix of design + dev ) there was one thing where we were told how to "get creative" but lately working with dev day in day out kinda found that I haven't been ar*ed getting creative at all with some ideas.

Have one idea at the moment that so far has 0 issues with its V1 release. But now trying to think of new features and functionality I'm finding it hard to find ideas that haven't been done to death already.

What do you ladies and gents usually do in order to get inspired to get some functionality into new projects?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Some features may have been done to death, but is there a way to make them stand out or unique. Creativity to me isn't always making something new, but doing something differently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

If you've released your code, presumably you have some customers/clients/users?

Ask them - what works, what doesn't, what could be done differently, what could make your life easier, what's the "killer feature" we're missing.

You'll get a lot of poor data, but some gems, and even the poor stuff might trigger you into thinking of a new approach to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

Simple Programmer and Mike Locke on Youtube might be what you're looking for.

Advertisement