Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyTaxi Pre-book

Options
  • 25-04-2017 10:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

I've never used one of these apps to pre-book a taxi or maybe I have but it didn't work out. Memory doesn't serve me well.

However, I got a voucher for MyTaxi and was wondering is it reliable for an airport run at 5am from Dublin City Centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

gizmo81 wrote: »
    I've never used one of these apps to pre-book a taxi or maybe I have but it didn't work out. Memory doesn't serve me well.

However, I got a voucher for MyTaxi and was wondering is it reliable for an airport run at 5am from Dublin City Centre?

Should be. Anyone installing the latest version of the app between now and the end of April gets ?10 off a pre-booked taxi afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

gizmo81 wrote: »

I've used Hailo prebook for Airport runs no issue, don't see there being much difference with MyTaxi, they have a huge amount of drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Hailo was brilliant, never had any issues. Unfortunately I can't say the same about mytaxi.

I've tried to use it twice, unable to book a taxi both times. The most recent was Wednesday evening at about 9:30 in Dublin city centre. And even though no taxi is booked, when I cancelled the search I realised later that I had been charged 50 cents (obviously not a lot of money, but it's the principal). Needless to say, I'll use uber instead from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Same experience here, wanted to book a taxi for 7:15 am last night, offered 7:25 or 5:50 am, 7:25 too late. 5:50am quite ridiculous, 2nd time this has happened, did they forget who the customer is? Must look for an alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 1 userrrr

No point to pre book with mytaxi. I ordered 3 times. First two were late by 20 minutes at 5am and the third one hasn’t come at all saying there are no drivers available even that I booked it a day earlier. Hailo was brilliant but mytaxi is piece of s... I’m trying Lynk now

• Advertisement
Advertisement