Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QQI credits what for?

Options
  • 25-04-2017 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Can someone please explain why modules have individual credits. Do this may you can carry them and be exempts for some modules only or can enough individual credits get you a major award without having done the major award a a complete course? Im lost. I don't feel their website explains this either. So my friend currently has 110 credits after completing a level five course does this mean if she does only one or two more individual modules so can get a major award also as they seem to be 120 credits or more. Im trying to help my friend and im not getting anywhere! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

revol23 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain why modules have individual credits. Do this may you can carry them and be exempts for some modules only or can enough individual credits get you a major award without having done the major award a a complete course? Im lost. I don't feel their website explains this either. So my friend currently has 110 credits after completing a level five course does this mean if she does only one or two more individual modules so can get a major award also as they seem to be 120 credits or more. Im trying to help my friend and im not getting anywhere! Thanks

The credits are for gaining a major award which offers you 400 points for completion. Also if you do a course that has the module you completed previously, you just have to tell them and give them your cert that states you finished the module. With your friend, has she done 8 modules in the course she did?

Advertisement