Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impersonated on Twitter

Options
  • 25-04-2017 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys.
    I'm having a difficult time with a troll who impersonates me on Twitter. The troll has had a vendetta against me for the last year and whilst it doesn't really affect me it's a nuisance that's gone on for too long. I'm trying to find anyone who can prove it's who I suspect so that I can get a restraining order against said individual. Even though I know exactly who it is I need proof (IP addresses and the like) and I'm useless at that.
    So my question is does anyone know a business or an individual who could trace the IP or failing that does anyone know how I'd even go a out proving it's them. I'll pay money. I'm at the end of my tether with it and need to finish this once and for all.
    Can anyone help me?
    Cheers lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

TrollTrap wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    I'm having a difficult time with a troll who impersonates me on Twitter. The troll has had a vendetta against me for the last year and whilst it doesn't really affect me it's a nuisance that's gone on for too long. I'm trying to find anyone who can prove it's who I suspect so that I can get a restraining order against said individual. Even though I know exactly who it is I need proof (IP addresses and the like) and I'm useless at that.
    So my question is does anyone know a business or an individual who could trace the IP or failing that does anyone know how I'd even go a out proving it's them. I'll pay money. I'm at the end of my tether with it and need to finish this once and for all.
    Can anyone help me?
    Cheers lads.

If it's on Twitter, only Twitter will have the IP details.

They'll be only be released by court order or request from police/security forces etc for security/safety or investigate reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you report the account?
    https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170142#

Title changed to clarify what OP needs help with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TrollTrap

I've reported the account but as soon as it gets taken down there's a new one in it's place.

I have an email address for one of the fake accounts and the email address of who I think it is.

I also have a Facebook account of someone else they've impersonated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've no particular advice at this time, other than to keep reporting the fake accounts until the person just stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TrollTrap

Cheers buddy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement