Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promlem with HP Envy laptop

Options
  • 25-04-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I think I f***ed up my laptop :-(. When I turn on my lap top it says

Boot Device not fund

Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: http://hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

When I put in the Windows 8.1 Disk, it doesn't run. I tried Esc at startup and picked everything, nothing. I even gooled it and nothing whn I followed instructions. I think I deleted the OS by mistake and it won't go back on. HELP PLease

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Were you changing anything in the BIOS by any chance ? If it's Windows 8.1 from new then it should probably be set to UEFI boot. Check the settings for this. If you upgraded from Windows 7 then it should be Legacy.

It's also possible the HDD is faulty ? Can you see it in the BIOS ? What do the Diagnostics report ?

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Were you doing anything with disk management lately?

I would also check that the drive is secure in the machine.

If you have not been in the bios yet,you could see if the drive is recognised in there.Press the esc key as you turn on the machine to enter bios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Or go into diagnostics and see if it's giving you the option of a hdd test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

ZENER wrote: »
    Were you changing anything in the BIOS by any chance ? If it's Windows 8.1 from new then it should probably be set to UEFI boot. Check the settings for this. If you upgraded from Windows 7 then it should be Legacy.

It's also possible the HDD is faulty ? Can you see it in the BIOS ? What do the Diagnostics report ?

Ken

When I googled it, it told me to change the Legacy in the BIOS but then I changed it back. It's windows 8.1 I'm trying to load. am trying everything. I got as far as running windows 8.1 where it says getting files ready for the installation but now its stopped at 47%. I can see everything in the BIOS.

magentis wrote: »
    Were you doing anything with disk management lately?

I would also check that the drive is secure in the machine.

If you have not been in the bios yet,you could see if the drive is recognised in there. Press the esc key as you turn on the machine to enter bios.

I haven't been near disk management at all. I've tried esc and nothing. As I said tried everything

• Advertisement

magentis wrote: »
    Or go into diagnostics and see if it's giving you the option of a hdd test.

HDD is fine

I will give u an update when and if I fix it

I FIXED MY LAPTOP

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

What was the fix in the end?

hotshots85 wrote: »
    What was the fix in the end?

I Just download the ISO onto my USB Stick and it installed windows 8.1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement