Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Products mislabelled as Eco Friendly

Options
  • 25-04-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

I bought this wonderful product in Euro Giant for one of my sons last week. It didn't work and so he took it apart - the 'solar panel' was just a piece of coloured glass and a battery (albeit a dead one) was the power for the keychain light. No more batteries - let's start helping the environment.....:rolleyes:

IMG_7104.JPG

Anymore dubious products out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

That's outrageous - almost comically so. Don't the company buyers check their products.

My submission: A leading brand of petrol with 5% or 10% ethanol: initially advertised as "environmentally friendly".
    Though that's dubious advertising rather than a dubious product.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Those solar yokes are probably old stock. And yes you can get coin cell rechargeable batteries but they are lithium which means if they ever go completely flat then they die.

remove the battery and the panel should still work, though you'd only get a tiny amount of light from the led's even in direct sunlight

Advertisement