Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Did 3 of 4 years of Forensic Science and CSI. 80% is Lab concentrated. I hate it.

• 25-04-2017 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Did 3 of 4 years of Forensic Science and CSI. 80% is Lab/Science concentrated. I hate it. Want to do Forensic Criminology/Psych. What to do?

Hate the thoughts of sitting in a lab and analyzing evidence and at the end I just get to present it in the court of law with a slight chance of ever going out to an actual crime scene or ever getting to talk to actual people involved in crime. I want to engage with people, criminals and victims alike. Any suggestions on what to do are welcome (transferring to any college preferably second year. I just want to save time because I'll be 25 soon). I also have basic knowledge in Psychology as I took 10 week course while I was still in school. Basically, I want to get out of my course/transfer before it's time to go back and do my 4th year in the IT. I tried to make myself think oh this course is cool and other various ways of what could I do after college and there is plenty of what I could do, but everything is so detached and scientific. I want to be directly involved with the people.

Info: IT Sligo, Ireland. Course - FA8 Forensic Science BSc (4year course). UK accredited. Most of the lecturers Have Pharmaceutical/Chemistry/Biology background which is not what I'm looking for at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Domikadze wrote: »
    I want to engage with people, criminals and victims alike.

Have you considered professional cycling?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Domikadze

I do need a little work on my quads thou. Great suggestion. 11 out of 10. much help

Such majest

such wow

many tnx

omfg, I didnt realise i posted this in cycling :D ho do i move this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,999 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Finish your course, you're almost done.

And don't acting the bollix when you're too stupid to know where you are. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

omfg, I didnt realise i posted this in cycling :D ho do i move this?

Report the OP to the mods, and request the move. When they're done laughing I'm sure they'll oblige.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Finish your course, you're almost done.

And don't acting the bollix when you're too stupid to know where you are. :pac:
    Sound, I really like your advice. I mean the community is just outstanding here. With people like you I'm glad I only need to use boards.ie once every 3 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: What forum do you want it put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,999 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sound, I really like your advice. I mean the community is just outstanding here. With people like you I'm glad I only need to use boards.ie once every 3 years.

Sure, you know best. I mean, you did a ten week psychology course in school. The world is your oyster!

It's taken you 3 years to figure out that a science course "is so detached and scientific".

Damn those scientists! Why isn't it like on CSI? Zoom in and enhance! Lock and load!

Just delete this I already posted it where i wanted it to be. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No leave it open, it beats boring cycling topics. 😜

• Advertisement

Sure, you know best. I mean, you did a ten week psychology course in school. The world is your oyster!

It's taken you 3 years to figure out that a science course "is so detached and scientific".

Damn those scientists! Why isn't it like on CSI? Zoom in and enhance! Lock and load!
    I tried to make it work for 3 years and tried to look on a bright side dude. I guess you're too stupid to understand this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,920 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

let he who is without stupid cast the first post.

oh, wait.

Yeah, When you're in 5th year you saved your own money and paid for extra courses outside school just to find out what you want to do in life. Wait, you're 42, when you were 17 you were doing what? back off old man if you've nothing good to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I tried to make it work for 3 years and tried to look on a bright side dude. I guess you're too stupid to understand this.

Understand what? That you tried to force yourself to like something only to realise that you don't like it? Don't think Lumen is the stupid one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

threadlock.jpg

MOD VOICE: At OP, as your new, I will let it slide but you attack the post not the poster, calling people stupid is not acceptable. At Lumen, I hate CSI, stupid undergrads thinking science is easy and every test known to man can be set up and run in 20 minutes. It's not easy, it does not take 20 minutes and you do need to have a basic grasp of the background science, despite what you think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement