Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mt. Congreve.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Its a great place to for walk. Hopefully they link it to the Greenway that goes right past it and so some restoration on the old victorian greenhouse there in the walled garden. Its really would look amazing but has been left fall into despair.

Always thought it would make a fantastic wedding venue. Hopefully they can fix it up like Farmleigh House in the Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

It's an amazing place, being saying it to people for couple years, a friend recently out there and completely blown away.
    It's good they getting money for 7 years to manage it, some sort of plan hopefully put in place to make it sustainable....financially.....I don't like to point out a doubt but don't know if council or OPW right people with resources to advance it..first initiative, already mentioned...tying in with greenway and kilmeaden railway. Good suggestion from Marty above about weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Max Powers wrote: »
    It's an amazing place, being saying it to people for couple years, a friend recently out there and completely blown away.
    It's good they getting money for 7 years to manage it, some sort of plan hopefully put in place to make it sustainable....financially.....I don't like to point out a doubt but don't know if council or OPW right people with resources to advance it..first initiative, already mentioned...tying in with greenway and kilmeaden railway. Good suggestion from Marty above about weddings.

If you take a cycle/stroll along mr Congreve section of greenway you should see the construction in progress of a platform' to allow passengers on Suir valley train alight and get entry to mt Congreve from there.....similarly at bilberry end there is a platform under construction and nearing completion......so for once WCCC are ahead of us it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Road-Hog wrote: »
    If you take a cycle/stroll along mr Congreve section of greenway you should see the construction in progress of a platform' to allow passengers on Suir valley train alight and get entry to mt Congreve from there.....similarly at bilberry end there is a platform under construction and nearing completion......so for once WCCC are ahead of us it would seem

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Great to hear, it will really help attract more people to the grounds and lovely place for visitors to stop off for some lunch and cake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's already used for weddings. Not cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I paid a visit to Mt. Congreve this morning & I would just like to congratulate

all those involved with the work on the house & gardens. It just looks spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭azimuth17

I bought a family ticket for a year, two adults and two kids for 100 Euro. Great value. Unlimited visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭tobey

I heard recently the cliff group have taken it over or will be soon. Be interesting to see what way they go. Would be good to see more local crafts in the shop then the bought in mass produced shite they have

• Advertisement
Advertisement