Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on choosing the right fishing reel?

Options
  • 24-04-2017 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Ok here it goes, I've made a decision to purchase a new fishing rod. I usually fish at the dodder since it's local for me, I'm here to talk about reels or ask is probably the more precise word i've read mixed reviews on NGT products. I was recommended the NGT CKR50 reel by a close friend my main functions with the reel would be for the dodder along with some lake & canal fishing. looking for some hones advice please, Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

For the money, it is a decent enough reel. Just keep it away from salt water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 You live you learn

Srameen - Thanks, I checked out another which you may be able to advice me on. It's the Mitchell avocet silver IV 2000 spinning reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Dont go mad with over dear reels fish for big midland lake trout all the time and use nothing but shakespear reels had a lot of trout in the 4 to 8lb range no problem at all with these reels as far as i look at it their just for holding line take a look at the shakespear range,better spending money on top quailty lines ,have 2 hardy demons and 3 shakespear agilty rods cost about 50 euro each dont bother with the hardys at all cant leave the agiltys out of my hand,but as i say again spend big money on good fly lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Srameen - Thanks, I checked out another which you may be able to advice me on. It's the Mitchell avocet silver IV 2000 spinning reel.

Mitchell are good value and wear well. As someone else said, Shakespeare are worth a look at too. Most of the recognised makers do low range gear like these that are as good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

The amount of eople returning to shakespeare is astounding - but expected - always great quality and value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

the shakepeare agility range is top notch!!

Advertisement