Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert or purchase camper

Options
  • 24-04-2017 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

So, with a recent little arrival to the house we were thinking it's time to sell the transit with a bed in the back, ideal for surf etc, and buy a camper instead.

I'm wondering if we're better to convert fully our current van or sell and buy a camper? Conversion would be done by one of the camper conversion firms, I don't really have the time to do it myself.

The big pro I see with converting is that we know the vehicle we have and it's history, what's likely to need replacing soon etc.

The pro to purchasing a camper would be that it's already classified as a camper so saves that time, and the time/cost to convert.

The van is a 2006 LWB, Semi- High, T280 Transit.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I would get some quotes for conversion first as that might answer your question for you, conversion companies seem to be looking for bananas money for even basic conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭multisport

Are there many companies doing conversions? I'm only aware of 2, cosy campers and vanderlust.

Who are the others in Ireland, either North or South?
    If you're giving a recommendation rather than just a name can you PM me instead of posting here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sovietpop

Ceide conversions in Donegal converted our van for us and we're very happy with their work. They did a beautiful job.

Advertisement