Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Windows from Poland

Options
  • 24-04-2017 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone have any experience in doing this? How was your experience? Can anyone share their recommendations to ordering directly or through any agents in Ireland? Any distributers on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

I have a fried who did it. Disaster. She has spent more trying to get them fixed than she saved by buying from Poland in the first place.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Sussipod wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience in doing this? How was your experience? Can anyone share their recommendations to ordering directly or through any agents in Ireland? Any distributers on here?

Recommendations by Pm only

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sussipod

Any other feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Sussipod wrote: »
    Any other feedback?

I wouldn't listen to the above post "Friend who did this". There is a company who I forgot the name of that are importing windows from Poland together with delivery and all of that. The last time I checked they had prices even 50% cheaper than here.

If ill get the name ill PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 harlley

I brought mine from Poland. let me know by pm if you need any help. You welcome to come and view the windows as well anytime. Im based in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 John Adams

Hi.
    I brought windows and doors from Poland.They have many different systems.
    Good system triple seals system and triple glazed up to 51mm thick.(all tilt/turn).
    Profile 85mm 6 chamber A+class.
    Good solid composite doors-modern designs.
    If some one need help let me know.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

From those of you that have imported from Poland, how much do you reckon you saved compared to buying in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Could somebody please PM me a recommendation? Preferably for the company that is here and imports them for you.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 harlley

Sarah 88
    I'm pricing my ones at the moment and I should know in few days.
    But from my past experience I was buying 3 large windows and 1 small for bathroom. Companies in Galway priced me for 2200-2500 euros
    and I brought them for 1700e as far as I remember. But they were better quality not like the ones from.... if you ever in Galway give me a ring on [snip]and you can visit me and have a look. Now I bought new house and I'm going to buy 20 windows in this case I should save descent amount of money. There is two guys who are interested and I'm third one so if we get more people the transport should work very cheap.

sarah88
    Hi.
    You will not save too much, but u will get much better windows and doors.

That's how it works-).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

Can I get a pm reccomendation also, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DeiseDoll

368100 wrote: »
    Could somebody please PM me a recommendation? Preferably for the company that is here and imports them for you.

Thanks in advance!

Could I also be PM'd this company's details, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭mp31

DeiseDoll wrote: »
    Could I also be PM'd this company's details, thank you.

Me too as well please. TIA

Hi.

Please send me PM for details if you need recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭fatty pang

I have a fried who did it. Disaster. She has spent more trying to get them fixed than she saved by buying from Poland in the first place.

"There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person's lawful prey."

If going down this route try and get as much input and advice as possible form your architect.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

harlley wrote:
    Sarah 88 I'm pricing my ones at the moment and I should know in few days. But from my past experience I was buying 3 large windows and 1 small for bathroom. Companies in Galway priced me for 2200-2500 euros and I brought them for 1700e as far as I remember. But they were better quality not like the ones from.... if you ever in Galway give me a ring on [snip]and you can visit me and have a look. Now I bought new house and I'm going to buy 20 windows in this case I should save descent amount of money. There is two guys who are interested and I'm third one so if we get more people the transport should work very cheap.

Great thanks for that. I'm just starting to explore this this option myself so it's really useful to hear from someone in the midst of it at the moment. Best of luck with it Harlley

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Composit door prices are similar to local, aluclad same as here, but triple glazed I got 8 windows for 1300 euros plus vat. One frame was 4 mm different, and some locks needed adjustment.

Composit door prices are similar to local, aluclad same as here, but triple glazed I got 8 windows for 1300 euros plus vat. One frame was 4 mm different, and some locks needed adjustment.

Hi
    that right prices are similar but I think they are better quality.I understand that you had problems but if you go order in local company probably also something happened.
    I think it is worth to order by the dealer who gives the correct installation and service.
    Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Morning all.

Looking into this for a 70's house with very large windows - and lots of them. Cost I am pretty sure will be very prohibitive here at home.

Worth researching I think.

Would very much appreciate any PM's with info on agents here that can do the measuring/fitting and arrange the importation. Failing that I can import myself - would also appreciate info on companies Poland etc.

Many thanks.

E39MSport wrote: »
    Morning all.

Looking into this for a 70's house with very large windows - and lots of them. Cost I am pretty sure will be very prohibitive here at home.

Worth researching I think.

Would very much appreciate any PM's with info on agents here that can do the measuring/fitting and arrange the importation. Failing that I can import myself - would also appreciate info on companies Poland etc.

Many thanks.

Hi
    PM send.
    John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

John Adams wrote: »
    Hi
    PM send.
    John.

Could you pm me also, just purchased house built in 50s and it needs new windows badly

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Hi John

Could you pm me also

Regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement