Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunbeds And Psoriasis

Options
  • 24-04-2017 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Im going to try sunbeds for my Psoriasis.
    The steroids work, but come back once i stop using them and i dont want to keep using steroids.

When i first use a sunbed how long should i stay in it, how often should i use one each week? Do i increase the time each vist?

Any advice on using the sunbed would be helpful.

Im blue eyes, mousey blond hair fair skin, im told that skin type is important before using the tan machine, not sure if that true or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

dublinjock wrote: »
    Im going to try sunbeds for my Psoriasis.
    The steroids work, but come back once i stop using them and i dont want to keep using steroids.

When i first use a sunbed how long should i stay in it, how often should i use one each week? Do i increase the time each vist?

Any advice on using the sunbed would be helpful.

Im blue eyes, mousey blond hair fair skin, im told that skin type is important before using the tan machine, not sure if that true or not.

The best advice is DONT.

Sunbeds are not an effective treatment for psoriasis but do seriously increase your risk of getting skin cancer.

Have a read of this website about light treatment for psoriasis.

https://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/treatments/phototherapy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

OP, medical advice is not permitted. Please discuss light therapy with your doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement