Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Home Recommendations

Options
  • 24-04-2017 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am looking for a nursing home place for my mother with mid stage Alzheimers. What is most important is a place where staff have time to chat, and also, as she is an unrepentant smoker, take her for a cigarette when she asks.
    Recommendations appreciated in the mid clare/ east clare/ east galway area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

A relative of mine spent time in the Ennis Nursing Home run by Mowlam Healthcare near the showgrounds. He too suffered from Alzheimers and the staff were patient, caring and understanding.

They're certainly worth a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

http://www.carrigoranhouse.ie/

Have you tried Carrigoran in Newmarket

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ardrini

Thanks, yes I am ringing around lots of places, and will also visit them of course. But I would like to get some personal recommendations based on other peoples experiences, in particular for my mam that staff are kind and friendly and have time to chat, can take a personal interest. Not always busy with other things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A friend of mine's father suffered from Alzheimers for many years and they were looked after in Carrigoran, my friend couldn't say enough good things about the place and has even told his wife that if anything ever happens to him the only place for him to be put is Carrigoran, I can't think of a better endorsement than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

My Carrigoran recommendation is based on someone I knew going there with MS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ardrini

Thanks everyone
    The search continues!

Advertisement