Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibuprofen. Is it kinda...cheating?

Options
  • 23-04-2017 9:52pm

Know a few trail and marathon runners who drop this stuff like tictacs. Not many, but the few who do swear by it.

It's not for me. But then again, I don't even take gels...so I wonder is it really that bad or am I over analysing something that is perfectly normal? I mean, if I get injured, I'll take whatever the physio suggests is the best to recover...and I guess taking Ibuprofen regularly is just a more extreme version of that. It might not be for me, but maybe it's the norm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I always think if something is too sore to run on without pain killers, then you shouldn't be running. But I'm very cautious about injury, and am also a Luddite who believes in the power of repetitive physio exercise to cure every ill; I'm usually overdosing on calf raises rather than painkillers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Ibuprofen linked to loads of heart problems including SADS and is not worth taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Burgman

And presumably because of the content of the thread, look what is being advertised right beside the reply box:

Advertisement