Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane route

Options
  • 22-04-2017 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm going to guns 'n' roses from Dublin & I'm just wondering about are Dublin bus running buses to it? If so from where? How much? And can anyone give me details of the route there? Does it take long? Sorry to be a pain it's just I'm going straight from work & don't want to miss it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

At the Slane end they usually drop at the top of the hill on the Dublin side. So you walk down the hill, across the bridge and in the avenue. I'd guess half hour walk minimum with crowds. Don't know where they leave from Dublin but I'm guessing is vicinity of bus aras, Georges quay or customs house.

Complete guess, but do they go the M2 motorway? Should be quick enough until you get to traffic after ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

https://www.dublinbus.ie/News-Centre/General-News/Guns-N-Roses-at-Slane-Castle/

€25 (+Ticketmaster fees) for a return ticket, leaving from Parnell Square West at 12 noon. They take the M2/N2. Probably takes ~1hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

@LeChien concert routes pretty much always go from Parnell West as there's room for them.

Advertisement