Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about next time we see the sex and looks/chore sex/sex and control threads...

Options
  • 22-04-2017 8:29am

...open the thread but don't post a response, just PM anyone who has and tell them who the poster is, his fixation and history, and ask them to remove their contribution?

Comments

That seems like an awful lot of effort..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Where's the thanks in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Where's the thanks in that?

Relieving sulks by nastiness. It's a well-known thing, I do it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Would it not be easier to ask a mod to have a word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My post from another thread...

You forget I modded this place for far too long. The mods don't care. They can have everything gone and the quick click of a button. Takes them no time at all! They're not a bit frustrated with him. They know who he is as soon as they wake up in the morning.

It's odd, I'll give you that, but as I said, he feess more off your total anger than he does off folk just posting regularly. He's much more likely tp keep posting when he sees people like you wound up!

He's literally been doing this for years. It's not going to suddenly stop because you're telling everyone. Jesus if that worked wouldn't it have been done officially by now?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Ah sure look he's doing no harm are his queries really that offensive to you seriously.
    In fairness the questions are probably what cross our minds on a regular basis

And he'll be only thrilled at the fact you've made a whole thread about him!

Way to make him stop; give him lots of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ah sure look he's doing no harm are his queries really that offensive to you seriously.
    In fairness the questions are probably what cross our minds on a regular basis

Rubbish. The stuff is infantile.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

...open the thread but don't post a response, just PM anyone who has and tell them who the poster is, his fixation and history, and ask them to remove their contribution?

Whats this about Shakespeare?

He's literally been doing this for years. It's not going to suddenly stop because you're telling everyone. Jesus if that worked wouldn't it have been done officially by now?!

I have to be careful, because I was banned for pointing out that the mods seem unable to deal with it, though it was overturned. So think I am obliged to say they are dealing with it very well.

• Advertisement

See. Hasn't even posted yet and I know who he is :D

And he'll be only thrilled at the fact you've made a whole thread about him!

Way to make him stop; give him lots of attention.

Seriously, I don't think it'll be this thread that gets him back here tomorrow, next week and next month. Plus surely it's better to corral ideas into one thread not started by him, rather than have people trolled by responding every time he opens a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Someone's looking for a promotion..

Seriously, I don't think it'll be this thread that gets him back here tomorrow, next week and next month. Plus surely it's better to corral ideas into one thread not started by him, rather than have people trolled by responding every time he opens a new one.

This is a guy who (and I'm sure he won't mind me saying this) PMd mods if he wasn't noticed quick enough. PMd them to say "hey, I'm here, why does no one know it's me"

He wants to be noticed. He's delighted now with himself that you've given him all this attention.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, despite how much I know about this particular subject, but hey, I'm not the one wound up of a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Rubbish. The stuff is infantile.

Exactly ... is after hours not for light hearted discussion ???
    If its serious sthuff yer after go to a dedicated forum

He wants to be noticed. He's delighted now with himself that you've given him all this attention.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to but hey, I'm not the one wound up of a Saturday morning.

I don't know that he is delighted that specifically I am giving him attention on this thread.

I would have thought that running rings around the mods, taking the pi55 out of the forum, and delivering his fixation again and again and finding new posters to bite may be delighting him.

We may have to differ in our psychoanalysis. And I'm not that wound up by him, tbh. Now I'm not chipper as a girl in her mid 30s here that I knew from going out passed away yesterday, but he shouldn't regard that as a triumph in the winding up stakes.

I don't know that he is delighted that specifically I am giving him attention on this thread.

I would have thought that running rings around the mods, taking the pi55 out of the forum, and delivering his fixation again and again and finding new posters to bite may be delighting him.

We may have to differ in our psychoanalysis. And I'm not that wound up by him, tbh. Now I'm not chipper as a girl in her mid 30s here that I knew from going out passed away yesterday, but he shouldn't regard that as a triumph in the winding up stakes.

He is thrilled. Sure he posted it up above!

And you may think he's running rings round the mods but he's not at all. They know what they're at. They have lots and lots and lots of trolls that re reg just as much as he does and believe it or not, he's the easiest to deal with and the most polite when banned. He's harmless. I've been threatened with murder, with rape and been told to kill myself more times that you could imagine. But this guy has never crossed those lines and so the mods just ban and delete as they go. No big deal.

I'm sorry for your loss. That should give you some perspective that life is far too short to be getting wound up by one guy on the internet.

Mind yourself.

I'm sorry for your loss. That should give you some perspective that life is far too short to be getting wound up by one guy on the internet.

Mind yourself.

Oh not my loss, that would be pseudo grief, I can't say we were very close. But perhaps a little less tolerant of this guy's nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

How do you know someone hates Apple?
    How do you know someone is a vegan?
    How do you know someone used to be a mod?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I feel like I'm earwigging from behind a door. I've no idea who or what you're talking about but can you not just post around people who annoy you?

Oh wait...I see what you mean now....

• Advertisement

Oh not my loss, that would be pseudo grief, I can't say we were very close. But perhaps a little less tolerant of this guy's nonsense.

Nonetheless. Don't sweat the small stuff :)
    D0NNELLY wrote: »
    How do you know someone hates Apple?
    How do you know someone is a vegan?
    How do you know someone used to be a mod?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

:D

I used to be a vegetarian too and....and....well I don't hate apple but I moved to android last year and could never go back to iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

We could put in that time and effort or... we could take 3 seconds to delete his posts and ban him. As far as reregs go, there are plenty more I'd rather be rid of before this particular poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've been threatened with murder, with rape and been told to kill myself more times that you could imagine.

Jesus Christ, wtf is wrong with some people? :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Please just report him the next time you see him.

I don't think giving him attention is such a great idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement