Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Envirofone

Options
  • 22-04-2017 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering, am I the only one who seems to be having a less than perfect experience with Envirofone in recent times ?

Having upgrade both my own and my wife's phone over the last few months, I have had reason to sell two phones on the Envirofone website.

The first phone was sent in and they said it wasn't working, so they paid nothing. Granted it was old and perhaps it got damaged in the post or died the day they tested it etc. so I said no more about it.

Now the second phone has been sent in approx 10-days ago, but according to their website, they are still waiting to receive it. The phone was posted in Dublin, to a Dublin address and in their prepaid padded envelope.

It's getting hard not to become suspicious at this stage, so I was wondering what sort of experiences other people were having with Envirofone in recent times.

Many thanks.

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I sent in 2 recently, one they said wasn't accepting SIM cards even though it worked fine right before I packaged it securely and sent it. It said the second one still had find my iPhone on it so they can't inspect it. I'm 100% sure I wiped it and turned find my iPhone off. I asked them to send both phones back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Toots wrote: »
    I sent in 2 recently, one they said wasn't accepting SIM cards even though it worked fine right before I packaged it securely and sent it. It said the second one still had find my iPhone on it so they can't inspect it. I'm 100% sure I wiped it and turned find my iPhone off. I asked them to send both phones back.

Ha ha, I wish you luck with that one!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got a phone back from them the last time - they said the screen was cracked and it wasn't. It was sent back to me, I sent it in again and suddenly it was perfect and I got my money. I wish there was an alternative to them tbh, they used to be good but I think they've gotten crap lately. Not to mention the fact that it took me 2 weeks to get the envelope off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Toots wrote: »
    ....I wish there was an alternative to them tbh, they used to be good but I think they've gotten crap lately. Not to mention the fact that it took me 2 weeks to get the envelope off them.

Good point about the delay in sending the envelopes, not that it stops them from sending out that annoying reminder email about you needing to send them your phone. You get the reminder email, then 2-3 days later you get the bloomin' envelope :mad:

I'm not sure what the are up to, but the more I think about this, the less happy I am becoming with them.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If there is a cex shop nearby use them instead. Trade-in prices are usually about the same or better.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    If there is a cex shop nearby use them instead. Trade-in prices are usually about the same or better.

But thats a trade in, rather than hard cash.. there's a difference in value to consider, also possible restriction on what phone you can upgrade to and how it's paid for...

A decent suggestion for sure, but chalk and cheese nonetheless :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

garrettod wrote: »
    But thats a trade in, rather than hard cash.. there's a difference in value to consider, also possible restriction on what phone you can upgrade to and how it's paid for...

A decent suggestion for sure, but chalk and cheese nonetheless :)

When you sell a phone or anything to CeX they give you the option of vouchers or cash. The vouchers are always a bit more than the cash value but the cash value is usually not too bad either. Usually the same or better than envirofone. And there's no worry of not getting your phone back or them giving you next to nothing for it. If they test it and you don't like the price they are offering then you can take the phone with you elsewhere.

What phone are you looking to sell? What condition is it in?

Hi,

Thanks for that - you initially only referenced trade ins and as I wasn't familiar with CeX, I didn't know they also paid cash for handsets.

Too late this time around given I posted the handset over a week ago, but I'll keep them in mind for the future and seriously doubt I'll be using Envirofone again (or recommending them to anyone else !).

Thanks,

G.

Hi,

For those who may not have been aware.....
    Envirofone wrote:

The address in Dublin that the devices arrives at is a handover area where it is then collected and taken to our depot in Macclesfield, UK. This process can take around 5-7 working days. Having reviewed your account, I can confirm that we are still awaiting receipt of your device. Confirmation will be issued by email as soon as the device has been received and assessed.

Personally, I think sending us envelopes with an address in Dublin, without making it clear to us that this is just a drop off point, is misleading.

This may explain part of the reason for delays with sending out the envelopes, or confirming receipt of your handset.

As of today, they still maintain that they do not have my handset despite the fact that the delivery is "late" even by their estimates of the time it takes to post Dublin to Dublin, then Dublin to UK.

Suffice to say, I'm not happy.

Thanks,

G.

Folks

Just a friendly warning for anyone researching this company and considering selling them a phone in the future.

I've still not been paid and have had no help whatsoever from their customer service.

Suggest you avoid this company like the plague.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM Tested them out due to owning alot of phones send a perfect brand new one in and they came back with several faults, I asked for a copy and testing process,Never been furnished ,plus they offer you SFA. Sell private or a worst CEX they are no better either with what they offer.

Advertisement