Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBG city centre

Options
  • 21-04-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I trained in SBG city centre a few years back and thought it was a great place to train.A foreign friend of mine is looking to train somewhere and I recommended it.Does anyone know if its still open as he was up there last week and there was no sign of any life there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

It's been closed a couple of years, now, mate! Closest SBG is HQ in D12.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

Sh1t!! was thinking of making a comeback myself.Any idea why it closed?It was always packed and lively when I trained there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

SBG HQ is just by the Luas Blue Bell stop so only 20mins approx from the City Centre.

Phil Whyte who was involved with SBG City Centre is now at Fantom MMA which is based on Moore Street in the centre if you would prefer to stay in this area.

What are you looking to train exactly?

Jorge Santos on Capel Street or Wild Geese just off Pearse Street might also be options for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Theres fantom mma in Moore street, as far as I know some of the people who trained in SBG city centre moved there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Isnt that exactly what the previous post said? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

I checked out Fantom MMA and ill be going with that.Its easier for me with a City centre location.Trained with Phil before,great coach so itd be good to get back training with him.
    They also have mma so it ticks all the boxes.

thanks All

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Glad you found a place. Best of skill with the training.

Advertisement