Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to look for in pianos

Options
  • 20-04-2017 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I want to learn piano. I am not a complete beginner as I can play 2 very simple songs, learned on a Casio electric keyboard.

I am not the type to buy an entry-level instrument and then upgrade. I'd like to buy one that will do me for life. It'll be played at home, I don't perform (yet!).

Is a budget of 2k too high? I don't want to spend money on extras that someone at my level won't make use of but I'm willing to spend the extra if I never have to upgrade again.

With guitar, it's not necessarily the price of the instrument that means it's a good guitar. Is that the same with piano or is it you get what you pay for?

Advertisement