Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Professional' hunter eaten by crocodile. F**k him tbh.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Some mother's son. Possibly somebody's father, husband, brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Meh, the real story is what's going near fushima:
    "Hunters have been called in to kill radioactive wild boars that have taken over towns evacuated during the Fukushima nuclear disaster before their residents return."
    Sounds like the plot of a cheesy sci-fi film.

Yes he was, but take away his rifle and he's hardly a 'professional' hunter is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

All fair game to be honest he hunted animals and he became the hunted himself, Circle of life is it not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

jonon9 wrote: »
    All fair game to be honest he hunted animals and he became the hunted himself, Circle of life is it not.
    Yeah would give this guy more credit for risking his skin than a certain dentist.

• Advertisement

Yeah would give this guy more credit for risking his skin than a certain dentist.

Credit me h*le. Take away his rifle, what would he have killed with? His hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

jonon9 wrote: »

A certain delicious irony to it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Yes he was, but take away his rifle and he's hardly a 'professional' hunter is he?

Whats your definition of a professional hunter?
    John Rambo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

A certain delicious irony to it!!!

Said one croc to the other halfway through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Ate by the croc regardless. Crocs have no mercy. They'll eat anyone, even someone's son.

Can't say I'm too bothered tbh. Live by the croc, die by the croc.

They look awful on your feet anyway. I prefer brogues.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    Whats your definition of a professional hunter?
    John Rambo?

The newspaper piece quoted the term. John Rambo? The croc might have got indigestion from the curly hair......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Ate by the croc regardless. Crocs have no mercy. They'll eat anyone, even someone's son.

Can't say I'm too bothered tbh. Live by the croc, die by the croc.

They look awful on your feet anyway. I prefer brogues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not a very well equipped one anyway... Take away his car and your takeaway driver isn't going to be in great state either though. Take away my rifle and I'm not in a great position to do much soldiering. Tools of the trade. Obviously you don't like the trade itself, but there's not much logic in suggesting he couldn't do it without the rifle. No sh?t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

"Hunter"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Dublin Pintman

He knew the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

post-40588-thats-not-a-knife-thats-a-knoi-BoIl.gif

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

True enough,but if you act the prick with a dangerous animal be prepared for it to put up a fight.Yer man had a gun.Its not the crocodiles fault. He killed himself with his own stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Im delighted for him

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Im delighted for him

So it was a male Croc?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

He was probably pleased enough with that exit. There's a lot to be said for dying doing what you love. Most of us won't get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

Article is written as if the Crocodile has commited some outlandish crime, as if the Primordial predator ANIMAL should be some f**king Disney cartoon crocodile character who speaks with a English accent and should have warned the total f**king idiot HUMAN he was about to be either eaten or sneakily enticed towards the riverbank by some dastardly ruse commited by the villain crocodile

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Not a very well equipped one anyway... Take away his car and your takeaway driver isn't going to be in great state either though. Take away my rifle and I'm not in a great position to do much soldiering. Tools of the trade. Obviously you don't like the trade itself, but there's not much logic in suggesting he couldn't do it without the rifle. No sh?t.

Depends on what you mean by 'the trade'. If you mean shooting something for the purpose sticking its head over the fireplace and convincing yourself, 'look at me I'm a great hunter', then no, I don't like it. It's pathetically juvenile nonsense tbh.

PraxisPete wrote: »
    He's was probably pleased enough with that exit. There's a lot to be said for dying doing what you love. Most of us won't get that.

Your not wrong,it depends what you like doing mind. That guy up in Donegal a few months ago comes to mind,what he loved doing was paying hookers to wrap him in in clingfilm and kick him in the nuts,he had a massive heart attack and kicked the bucket mid session.Not the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

Your not wrong,it depends what you like doing mind. That guy up in Donegal a few months ago comes to mind,what he loved doing was paying hookers to wrap him in in clingfilm and kick him in the nuts,he had a massive heart attack and kicked the bucket mid session.Not the best way to go.

I don't know, if I was into that I'd still take it over a long protracted less sexy painful death. It's still tragic for both these lads families though. My heart goes out to the hooker too. I hope she at least got paid.

Advertisement