Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full throttle

Options
  • 20-04-2017 8:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Was realeased a few days ago, classic game from back in the day, anyone know if ya n where one can pick up a physical copy or is it digital only.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Digital only, as far as I know. Same with the other lucasarts remasters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I played it on SCUMM a few years ago, no idea where you'd get a physical copy now, the game is ancient now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I played it on SCUMM a few years ago, no idea where you'd get a physical copy now, the game is ancient now.

I have one at home. It was one of those bargain bin games you'd always see on the racks in GAME...the games with a white box and orange rim.
    I think I have a proper original copy though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I loved the fights on the old mine road but I never knew how to beat the girl with the chainsaw, literally no clue. I thought she was invulnerable because the standard weapons did no damage so whenever she came up I just let her hit me, one strike of that thing and you're done! I found out much later she can be beaten with a very unlikely weapon!

Good game overall, might pick up the remaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I loved the fights on the old mine road but I never knew how to beat the girl with the chainsaw, literally no clue. I thought she was invulnerable because the standard weapons did no damage so whenever she came up I just let her hit me, one strike of that thing and you're done! I found out much later she can be beaten with a very unlikely weapon!

Good game overall, might pick up the remaster

The part that drove me mental was goin into the yard with the spotlights and you had to try get up the ladder or something like that...the dog would always get ye. I hated it...and it was at a time when there were no guides because High speed internet wasn't a thing in Ireland.

Just thinking, if Dark Souls came out before guides or wikis were available I think home insurance claims for broken TV's and suicide rates would be through the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The part that drove me mental was goin into the yard with the spotlights and you had to try get up the ladder or something like that...the dog would always get ye. I hated it...and it was at a time when there were no guides because High speed internet wasn't a thing in Ireland.

Just thinking, if Dark Souls came out before guides or wikis were available I think home insurance claims for broken TV's and suicide rates would be through the roof

I remember Sierra used sell answer books to their early adventure games. They were these ugly white books that would reveal the answer after you used the accompanying pen to highlight the section you wanted. If you were being generous you could say that this explained their ridiculous puzzle design.

Lucasarts always advertised a solution hotline in their packaging, I'm sure it was US only.

Must pick up Full Throttle, it's the only Lucasrts puzzle game that I never got round to playing.

You missed out! Lucasarts did put out some crap over the years but this was definitely one of the good ones, I loved it anyway

Hehehe, nobody messes with Ben

OK I'm done now!

Advertisement