Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding information on a UK address and its previous occupants

Options
  • 20-04-2017 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could help me get some information on a UK address , and who might have lived there back in the 80s. I'm trying to trace my birth mother, or any of my possible siblings. I have a possible address but am not sure if I am on the right track. I was born here in Ireland in 1967 and adopted through st.Patrick's home on the navan road. My birth mother later left Ireland and apparently moved to Blackpool in the UK in the late 1960s or early 1970s. The possible address I have is 199 Warley Road, Blackpool. I am wondering if there might be any print journalists who might be interested in my story and who might be able to help me by checking the databases and sources to see if this is the correct address. My original birth name was Lyons, and there are some Lyons at that address now , but I don't know if that might be just a coincidence, or perhaps they are some of my possible siblings who inherited that house.
    I would be very grateful if anyone with access to database systems or UK address records might be able to help me. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'd be happy to help if I can.
    I see from the electoral register there are two people listed at that address between 2006 and 2014, a woman and her son perhaps.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭180567

Thanks very much. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. I am trying to figure out if the female might possibly be my mother. I only know my mother was born in 1931 or 32 and her name was recorded as being either Catherine or Kathleen or Kitty. But I know they used to switch names around to confuse people later. I am trying to see if this could be her. The name Lyons is quite common so it could just be a coincidence.

The lady on the electoral register at that address is in her forties and the man is in his twenties so the lady you're looking for may be the mother and grandmother of the aforementioned occupants.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Thanks very much for checking. By any any chance can you see if there might have been a Catherine or Kathleen at that address in the early 1980s ? The little bit of information I had was that she might have been there up to 1986 .

Unfortunately not. That record set only covers 2002 to 2014.

Have you applied to the Adoption Authority of Ireland for non-identifying information?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Thanks for trying. I have someone who is going to try and get a look at the old electoral roll and see if they can spot her at that address. It would be brilliant to find out the surname as that would be a great help​ in trying to find out where they moved to, and whether the new occupants of that house are somehow related.

Yes I got the non-identifying information which was kind of useful. But because they can't find her to get her consent, they can't release the surname or her date of birth. Without that I can't work out much. I just know that she was working in our lady of Lourdes hospital in rochestown avenue dun Laoghaire and also worked in the Martinville Nursing home at 23 Corrig Avenue in Dun Laoghaire before she went to the st Patrick's home on the Navan Road. She then went back to the Martinville Nursing home where she was working before she moved to Blackpool. I'm not sure if my father was Irish or English. There is a possibility someone might recognise him - he would have been in the Dun Laoghaire area in the summer of 66 and going out with a lady called Catherine or Kathleen Lyons and then at some stage he would have moved to Blackpool where she later joined him. I know it's a bit vague but you never know, someone might recognise who I am looking for.

I'm hoping some journalist or one of those adoption stories TV shows might be interested in the case. I'm going to try and go over to Blackpool again later in the summer. Meanwhile I have been visiting some of the places in Dun Laoghaire linked to the story such as Corrig Avenue and rochestown avenue.

The non-identifying information from the Adoption Authority may vary from that you get through the social worker.

In my case Tusla on behalf of Patrick's Guild did not tell me my mothers county of origin but the Adoption Authority did and it was a vital clue in tracking her down.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement