Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Soviet Russia, Jehovah Witnesses you!!

Options
  • 20-04-2017 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭

So the Russians  (i.e me oul' pal Vlad) are banning the Jehovah's Witnesses. Feckin' extremist shower of annoying hoorbags so they are and all, but what thinketh you of banning them?

A lot of people on here blather on about the Catholic Church. In fairness they might have run a few dodgy laundry business back in the day along with the odd hospital or school here or there, but why not get rid of these other annoying feckers first. Now, because they are somewhat of a "minority", I was wondering what the "right thinking" and righteously indignant folk on here thought about the Russians banning them...... good move or bad?

All I'll say to the JWs is don't be knocking at my door yiz bastards or I'll get the Russian's after ye!

That's JWs , not these other SJWs that ye do be going on and on and on about

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

First the eurovision, now the Jehovah Witnesses...where will it end?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Go home Donald. You're drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Go home Donald. You're drunk!
    I can' assssurse yous I've only had a lickle...few

I'll fight ya Tao

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Religious people love to be persecuted, or at least feel like they are. It's pointless banning it. How likely is it that a particular group of people that the Russian government doesn't like is mostly JW?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I wouldn't ban any religion. Certainly not one over another.

They can be a very good source of tax revenue if regulated properly.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    Religious people love to be persecuted, or at least feel like they are. It's pointless banning it. How likely is it that a particular group of people that the Russian government doesn't like is mostly JW?

I reckon that banning JW is probably more effective in the sense that their modus operandi is opening going around from house to house and interrupting the good denizens from their nightly dose of Russian Fair City. They'd be fairly easy to catch and prosecute!

And regardless of the motivation behind it, does it really matter to the principle of banning it in the first place? It's either legitimate or not. Once you establish that it is legitimate, then you can worry about whether it is justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Banning it doesn't stop people from believing it. It just drives it underground where people get infections from passing around dirty bibles, there needs to be some sort of treatment program where they can get clean from religion.

Banning it doesn't stop people from believing it. It just drives it underground where people get infections from passing around dirty bibles, there needs to be some sort of treatment program where they can get clean from religion.
    Underground, treatment, getting clean......I smell the plans for a laundry business. You in?

Dirty feckers them JWs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

He can't witness if I do it under the sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I never really got this Jehovah's Witnesses crowd.

Who is this Jehovah fella and what did he do that he needs to call so many witnesses? Seems like his court case has been pending for ages.

The only thing I can think of is their persistence in trying to talk to you about Judgement Day, despite the fact that some people haven't even seen Terminator 1. Ffs, let people watch the movie first before knocking on their door looking to talk about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Aren't you a lovely person..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

myshirt wrote: »
    I never really got this Jehovah's Witnesses crowd.

Who is this Jehovah fella and what did he do that he needs to call so many witnesses? Seems like his court case has been pending for ages.

The only thing I can think of is their persistence in trying to talk to you about Judgement Day, despite the fact that some people haven't even seen Terminator 1. Ffs, let people watch the movie first before knocking on their door looking to talk about it.

I dont know where the name came from, but I used to work with one. He was a nice guy, never pushed any agenda in work.

The strangest thing I found is that the only thing they celebrate is their parents wedding anniversary. No birthdays, no form of celebrating at all. We were out at a christmas function and he wouldn't even chink glasses and say cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Sales of black pudding will go through the roof

Advertisement