Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to get to Hazelhatch station other than walk, cycle or drive?

Options
  • 20-04-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondered in the context of integrated transport. Talking about from Celbridge and surrounds. Thanks if you know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Yup. There is a minibus that links Hazelhatch to Celbridge. Its all on the Irish Rail website - see the timetable link attached.

http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

I haven't lived in Celbridge for a couple of years, but it went from Salesians College, down the Maynooth Road past Tesco to the Main Street and over the bridge along Primrose Hill to the station.

It used the Dublin Bus stops to the Bridge, and then was hail-and-ride to the Hatch after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Here's a thread in the Kildare forum from earlier this year..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103277659#post103277659

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Thanks for replies.

So there is no DB link? As I thought.

Mad if so.

But what can I say.

That minibus looks good, but no publicity about it afais right now. How could I have missed that. It's a secret. OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭thomasj

The other option outside of those hours if you're heading to the city , get the 67 towards maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Thanks for replies.

So there is no DB link? As I thought.

Mad if so.

Blame the NTA. Their bus and rail departments don't seem to talk to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

The mini bus is actually on the timetable . Good service tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

n97 mini wrote: »
    Blame the NTA. Their bus and rail departments don't seem to talk to each other.

Are you suggesting that they duplicate the service? Are you sure that the current service isn't PSO? Why would they pay on the double, or if not paying for it now, why would they pay for it if someone else is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Are you suggesting that they duplicate the service? Are you sure that the current service isn't PSO? Why would they pay on the double, or if not paying for it now, why would they pay for it if someone else is?

I'm suggesting nothing. DB and IE timetables and services are about as un-integrated as they could be.

Advertisement