Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else being redirected to DNA page on Ancestry?

Options
  • 20-04-2017 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

On the home page of Ancestry.co.uk, there is a list of topics for new data. All the topics except 'Ireland' go to an expected page, but I'm finding the Ireland entry goes to the sales page for DNA. This also happened when I used Ireland as a search criterion elsewhere (though some searches work ok).
    I didn't find the response from the site helpful when I reported it.
    Anyone else got the problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Just tried that and got redirected when I clicked on Irish Records in the Record Categories panel on the right side of the screen.
    However when I clicked on Ireland from the drop down menu to the right of that panel I got the list of new Irish records.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭measurement

Hermy wrote: »
    Just tried that and got redirected when I clicked on Irish Records in the Record Categories panel on the right side of the screen.
    However when I clicked on Ireland from the drop down menu to the right of that panel I got the list of new Irish records.

Thanks, that works. I just find it a bit annoying that when you try to be helpful and alert a Web owner to an error on their site, the first response is to say it's your browser settings, instead of heckling if it could actually be happening😕.
    Your post confirms i'm not imagining it.😆

Advertisement