Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas lamps

Options
  • 20-04-2017 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

All this talk of changing street lights to LED got me thinking. There are much nicer ways to light the place up than these silly modern yokes.

Way back, years ago .. showing my age now, the whole way back in 2014 I stayed in a place with no electric lights. In fact nothing electrical at all. The fridge ran off propane gas and so did all the lights.

You might wonder, why in d'bejaysus would anyone want to waste good gas on something so terribly inefficient but the fact remains that unless your house is insulated like the fuel tank of some NASA space probe you'll still need to heat the house somehow and if you convert to all LED you'll just subconciously compensate for the lack of heat by throwing another sod of turf or a scoop of coal onto the fire.

So you might as well throw up a few gas lamps and enjoy the lovely warm glow from them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Gas man.

Hep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Turn you're underwear inside out to get an extra week out of them op to save washing them op while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Yes.

Wait!

What was the question again?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

And they all died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

My Grandad is an unemployed lamp lighter, waiting for gas to make a come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

And they all died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Outside?

That'd be class OP. Could have people employed like old fashioned lamp lighters as well.

Are you on about a caravan?

Advertisement