Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why dont the drum lifters/paddles go all the way on Indesit/Hotpoint drums?

Options
  • 19-04-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Hotpoint 8KG and an Indesit 9KG washing machine - both share same type drum and lifters/paddles. Just wondering why the paddles dont stretch all the way from front to back of the drum. They come about 3/4 a way to front of the drum/door only and stop short.

also does this have any effect on the washing of the clothes as well? ... and also why hasn't Indesit/hotpoint changed the shape of these paddles in years (you know like some washing machine manufacturers , even cheaper ones, have deployed curved paddles now and holes in the front and sides of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If I had to guess, I'd say it's so they swish the clothes around the same as before but don't swish the water around so much. The point in this might be to stop any risk of water getting swished through the vent and a dribble coming out of the bottom of the machine (which might result in a call-out for the manufacturer to investigate the leak).

Just a guess.

Advertisement