Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPD Win - Windows 10 gaming handheld

Options
  • 19-04-2017 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have one of these? I've had one for a while now but only got around to usually it properly today as I'm away from home with zilch to do.

It's the dream handheld for me - I'm mainly a big FPS/Action gamer so the Nintendo DS was never really up my alley and even the PSP Vita I find a little lacklustre.

It's not much bigger than a Nintendo 3DS but the ability to run tons of games as well as the emulator potential is just incredible. You're obviously not going to be playing Battlefield 1 or Witcher 3 on it but I spent a few hours this morning lying on the couch playing Fallout 3 and Left4Dead.

Some people have even gotten stuff like Fallout 4 and Resident Evil 7 to run with custom configs and tweaking @ 20-30fps, which is pretty impressive.

Really cool device. Looking forward to my next plane trip with this thing!

gpd-win-jpg.28923

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

how much and from where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I got mine for about €400 from Ebay, not sure what actual major EU retailers stock them apart from Dragonbox for €450, but easy to get on Ebay from China or from UK resellers for less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Planned to get the next version but there's rumours on some forums the controls will have the sticks on the outside so I'll probably pick up the current one if I see a good deal.

Advertisement