Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West highland terrier breeding

Options
  • 19-04-2017 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a 2 year old west highland terrier male who I am offering his services to breed. He is registered and chipped etc. I am not sure of the procedures and protocol which to be followed with modern day guidelines. Any input I greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I would suggest that you contact the Irish Kennel Club and speak with them as they have guidelines etc in place for breeders

http://www.ikc.ie/breeding/

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Is there not enough Dogs around without breeding More . What are your plans for the Progeny and have you homes for them . I like dogs but the senseless breeding of pups I see going on is ridiculous .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I have a 2 year old west highland terrier male who I am offering his services to breed. He is registered and chipped etc. I am not sure of the procedures and protocol which to be followed with modern day guidelines. Any input I greatly appreciated!

What genetic health tests have you had performed on him and what were the results? In what way does he excel as a perfect example of the breed that makes you think he should sire a line? What shows has he competed in, what levels has he won at?
    Surely you don't intend for any old Westie (notoriously unhealthy lines in Ireland) to donate sperm for the craic?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    What genetic health tests have you had performed on him and what were the results? In what way does he excel as a perfect example of the breed that makes you think he should sire a line? What shows has he competed in, what levels has he won at?
    Surely you don't intend for any old Westie (notoriously unhealthy lines in Ireland) to donate sperm for the craic?
    Suppresses childish snigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Suppresses childish snigger.

:pac:
    Good spot

• Advertisement
Advertisement