Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin FR25 V FR35

Options
  • 19-04-2017 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Am I correct in saying that the 35 is basically just the 25 but with a built-in HRM?

I've spent the past 1.5hrs watching and reading reviews and with about 70euro in the difference, I think I've talked myself out of the FR35.

Wondering if there is anyone here with first hand experience of either of these watches who could give their opinion?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

When I started running I had the 25. It's a good beginners watch, battery life might not be the best, it wont last a marathon and tends to take a while to locate satellites. The 35 is a very stripped down version of the 235 which in my opinion is the best you can get. If you dont want to stump up the euros for the 235 then the 35 is a very acceptable alternative. Have you checked out DC Rainmakers reviews ?
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/09/hands-on-garmins-new-forerunner-35-with-optical-hr.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

When I started running I had the 25. It's a good beginners watch, battery life might not be the best, it wont last a marathon and tends to take a while to locate satellites. The 35 is a very stripped down version of the 235 which in my opinion is the best you can get. If you dont want to stump up the euros for the 235 then the 35 is a very acceptable alternative. Have you checked out DC Rainmakers reviews ?
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/09/hands-on-garmins-new-forerunner-35-with-optical-hr.html

I have yeah, and the Rizknows one too - it was those guys who mentioned the idea of the 25 being prety much the 35 without the HRM.

I would love to have seen DC run with the watch the way he did with the 25, but thanks for your input. I'm wary about opting for something 70euro cheaper to save myself a bit of cash now but end up having to spend more upgrading sooner than I'd like.

This happened last year when I spent 120euro on an activity tracker that has no GPS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    I have yeah, and the Rizknows one too - it was those guys who mentioned the idea of the 25 being prety much the 35 without the HRM.

I would love to have seen DC run with the watch the way he did with the 25, but thanks for your input. I'm wary about opting for something 70euro cheaper to save myself a bit of cash now but end up having to spend more upgrading sooner than I'd like.

This happened last year when I spent 120euro on an activity tracker that has no GPS

Looks like you need to ask do you think you will be monitoring your heart rate to train in the future.

I'm currently looking to upgrade from the forerunner 10 because I've joined a club and a lot of the other guys use their heart rate data in their training.

Advertisement