Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened to the shell to sea campaign

Options
  • 18-04-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭

What ever happened to the shell to sea campaign is there still a peace camp there.

There has been a peace camp in Scotland for the past 35 years, protesting against nuclear power.

I have been watching reeling in the years 2005:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Click bait titles are bad, mmmmkay?

Title updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

They became bus drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

She sells sea shells on the sea shore.
    The shells she sells are sea shells, i'm sure.
    And if she sells sea shells on the sea shore,
    Then l'm sure she sells seashore shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They went to Jobstown

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Everyone who objected mysteriously disappeared. Nothing to worry about.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

It was a real shame that legitimate local concerns were boycotted by a shower of far left malcontents and crusties - most of them heading down there for the weekend after claiming the dole in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They were necknominated by Kony and they died.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wasn't there a device planted outside shells office on lesson street.

Most of the protesters are probably working at the plant now;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The campaign worked.

They managed to push the giant shell back to the sea where it belongs and everyone lived happily ever after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The protestors were all treated fairly by our honest to goodness police force who aren't corrupt toerags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

They managed to push the giant shell back to the sea where it belongs and everyone loved happily ever after.

What about the giant hermit crab living inside? Did he just claim asylum and is living in the Mosney pool now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    What about the giant hermit crab living inside? Did he just claim asylum and is living in the Mosney pool now?

I miss that pool, it was class. That cool slide down into the underground part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭blackbox

I think they changed from being gas protesters to water meter protesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Archeron

And you could moon people on the street too, those were the days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Memories... If you could hold your breath properly you could go underwater an look through the glass into Dan Lowry's pub and watch your ma and da drinking! What an innocent age it was.
    But nostalgia aside,the shell to sea lot in more recent times hung around the Shannon airport for a while looking a bit sheepish and then they went and took up arms with some other water related nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Never liked Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The protestors were all treated fairly by our honest to goodness police force who aren't corrupt toerags.

Only because they got sloshed from those shell care packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wasn't there a priest involved in the protest? He switched sides once he felt the concerns of the community had been met by Shell? I think its a mistake to characterize all the protestors as rent a mob protestors against the man. No doubt many were, though.

Advertisement