Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit cancellation

Options
  • 18-04-2017 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have moved my phone number to another network and was wondering if I can just cancel the direct debit on my old network instead of going through the hassle of calling them and having to listen to the usual nonsense you get when you want to cancel something. My contract with the network finished a long time ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You shouldn't have to do anything, if you are switching network then your number will port over, which should be looked after by your new network.

Then your old network will stop billing you and your account won't be debited anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

murpho999 wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to do anything, if you are switching network then your number will port over, which should be looked after by your new network.

Then your old network will stop billing you and your account won't be debited anymore.

Unless you are with 3. They have a habit of forgetting to stop billing you. Keep an eye on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Always cancel the direct debit. Never trust a Mobile phone company to do it for you (especially Three!).

Advertisement